Default Re: Rescue Me: S04E01 6/13

[ QUOTE ]
Never heard of it. Where/when is it on?

[/ QUOTE ]

Every Wed, 10pm (don't know what time zone), FX
Old 06-16-2007, 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Thought the premier was ok but not great. What in the hell are Tommy and Sheila doing? Did they actually fake her death, or are they just trying to get the house insurance money and therefore she's hiding the fact that she threw the lamp?

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't tell if Sheila was a dream sequence or was real. It seemed as if Tommy was going to the other girls house(the volly that rescued him from Sheila's burning house) for dinner. Anyway, Sheila said something about a $2M scam and Tommy blowing it, but IIRC, Sheila paid close to $2M for that house....they would only get back the cost of the house. I don't know how they could fake a dead Sheila, but even if she's really dead, it's not a scam. Son-of-a-goat, this is confusing.

I thought the entire episode was just so-so, and this "Lost"-like cliffhanger ending is a new twist to the series. The weekly story never left you hanging on the outcome before. Connor's death, Lou's whore being a scammer, Tommy finding his kids...you found out about all that towards the end of a show, but they never had you guessing about *that* outcome, just how it would affect everyone afterwards.

In the fire scene, they all seemed so light-hearted, even after they slid out the magical hole in building. That entire scene felt weird. The music in the scene was kickin' though..."Dance This Mess Around" by B-52's.

The scene with Franco and Richie was cool, with Richie pining for a Downs Syndrome girl in a wheelchair at the center with a sweet ass that he saw when "they stand her up sometimes". Heh.

--
TomE.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:13 AM

I just rented Season 1 of this show because of this thread and you guys are 100% right. Great show. Perfect mix of drama and comedy.

Thanks.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In the fire scene, they all seemed so light-hearted, even after they slid out the magical hole in building. That entire scene felt weird. The music in the scene was kickin' though..."Dance This Mess Around" by B-52's.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's always been their thing, laugh off a near-death experience.

And yeah the music is always fantastic in the show. When they cut into the Cmon Cmon bass line at the beginning it rules every time.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:58 PM

This show is [censored] amazing. What's the name of the song that they were playing for the ads leading up to the premiere with him on the back of the fire engine and driving it at the same time...i thought that idea was brilliant. Same as when he gets into a fight with himself, kicks the crap out of himself then on the ground is like "pussy" fantastic. Anyway the lyrics are like "stop, drop, and roll" it sounds like killers or something.