Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 02:26 PM

Default Rescue Me: S04E01 6/13

This is my favorite show and I'm jacked for tonite's premier. This show really should have more fans. I hardly know anyone who watches it. It's a great blend of comedy and drama. Leary is sensational. Please tune in for a few episodes if you never have before. There's nothing else on tv right now anyway.

Here's a recap of what was going on at the end of last season. I'm going from memory so correct me if I'm wrong.

Lou was going to quit and move to Florida to work on his brother's boat. But he got cold feet and he's staying in the dept.

Probie was going to transfer since he was sick of the gay jokes. But he realized he "loves" the guys so he decided to stay.

Franco I think took a lieutenant's exam, but IIRC he failed, so he's staying as well.

Chief Reilly had a heart attack. IIRC all the guys hated his replacement. But I believe Chief is recovering well.

Sean married Tommy's psycho sister Maggie.

Janet is prego. We don't know whether the baby is Tommy's or Johnny's.

Johnny was murdered. Tommy had been sober for awhile, but I think it was shortly after the murder that he strolled into a bar and ordered about 23 fingers of irish whiskey. I don't recall if that was a one time deal, or if he's fully back drinking now.

And finally, since it looked like everyone was leaving the house anyway, Sheila was able to convince Tommy to quit and live with her in a beach house. But when everyone else's plans fell through, Tommy decided to stay on. Sheila no likey. I think he may also have told her that he was getting back with Janet, but I can't remember for sure. Sheila went nuts and drugged him (again) and inadvertantly set the house on fire in a lunatic rage while Tommy was passed out.

I think those are the major plot points, but I'm sure I've forgotten some. I've read that Jennifer Esposito will be part of the cast this season. That's enough to convince me that a "Women of Rescue Me" post is in order. I will compose said post at a future time when I'm not at work.

Old 06-13-2007, 02:36 PM

Default Re: Rescue Me: S04E01 6/13

I've been waiting for the premiere all year. Can't wait to see where they take this season.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:42 PM

This is one of my favorites as well. Didn't Fx run the first two seasons over a 2 month span as a build-up to the start of the 3rd season last year? They should have done that again, help catch everyone up and hook new watchers as well. They did run a few eps last month, just enough to whet my appetite.

--
TomE.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:49 PM

Thanks for the recap. I love the show, and I've seen every ep of the show from the start, but I couldn't remember a [censored] thing about where it left off for some reason.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:55 PM

I watched the whole first season of this show. Then Tivo didn't record the 2nd season for some reason. By the time I realized it was going, the season was half over. I never managed to get back into the show. I wonder how many other people this happened to?
Old 06-13-2007, 03:09 PM

If my TV only showed HBO, FX, and ESPN, I'd be pretty happy. I've been waiting for this for a long time. I came home last night, was all psyched that this was on my DVR. Looked at the DVR, didn't see it, freaked out that I screwed up setting the recording and was going to have to wait for it to re-air. Then, "Oh, it's Tuesday. [censored]!"
Old 06-14-2007, 11:25 PM

Anyone who saw the premiere, was it just a one hour episode? I noticed there were two episodes but they looked like the same and my DVR only recorded one. Just a repeat or part two of a two hour premiere? Can't find anything definitive online.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:30 PM

There was some weird scheduling quirk in the guide, but there was only one hour. My dvr recorded the same channel and time on two tuners - from 9:00-10:05 with a generic show description, and from 9:00-10:06 with the episode description.

Thought the premier was ok but not great. What in the hell are Tommy and Sheila doing? Did they actually fake her death, or are they just trying to get the house insurance money and therefore she's hiding the fact that she threw the lamp?
Old 06-14-2007, 11:46 PM

Never heard of it. Where/when is it on?
Old 06-14-2007, 11:53 PM

THis is easily my favorite show on TV. I just introduced my girlfriend to it last season and its now her favorite show too. We're going back to the beginning so she can see them all . Just finished rewatching Season 1 and it was just as good the second time around. I love this show.