Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 09:55 AM

Default RATM

http://ratm82407.com/

I had heard awhile back that they were doing a few shows in late summer. Any speculation/inside info on the countdown timers? I'm guessing the one in three days is an announcement about a tour, and the other one is the first show.

This is very exciting.

P.S. A friend said he was confused when he saw the ad for this because he had only ever seen "ram" on shirts and stuff - no "t." I told him he was crazy. I'm right, right?
Old 06-07-2007, 10:40 AM

Default Re: RATM

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/750164

I'm goin to the show on the 29th, will be unbelievable.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:48 AM

Fantastic! Post a trip report afterwards.

8/24 mystery solved, per wikipedia:

As of June 2007, the official RATM website is down. The website www.ratm82407.com was launched in June 2007, featuring two countdowns: one ending on June 11, 2007, the day when the website's purpose will be revealed, and the other ending on August 24, 2007.[35] The website's connection to the band is unknown. The website is registered to Live Nation Worldwide, Inc. Live Nation owns Alpine Valley Music Theatre, in East Troy Wisconsin. By turning your PC clock forward to June 11 the website reveals that RATM will be playing a show there when the second countdown ends on August 24, 2007.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:29 PM

awesome news, i heard a few rumors of the show at Alpine a few weeks ago, but this seems to have grown some more steam since.

i will be there on 8/24 for sure!!!
Old 06-07-2007, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://ratm82407.com/

P.S. A friend said he was confused when he saw the ad for this because he had only ever seen "ram" on shirts and stuff - no "t." I told him he was crazy. I'm right, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct, its always "RATM"
Old 06-07-2007, 12:42 PM

yeah, its RATM, your friend is dumb
Old 06-07-2007, 12:58 PM

Tom Morello's mom was my HS History teacher.

I've had a drink or ten with him at his favorite watering hole in our hometown.

Jealous Much?

By the way....he used to play in a band with the guitarist from Tool....another alum from my HS. (they won the battle of the bands)
Old 06-07-2007, 01:00 PM

pokerbobo -

Very jealous. Any gossip? He seems completely cool. He and Tool guy must have been retardedly awesome.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pokerbobo -

Very jealous. Any gossip? He seems completely cool. He and Tool guy must have been retardedly awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Out at the bar he's a normal Joe so to speak...nothin crazy. I remember his Mom tellin me about him moving to Cali after Harvard to start a band. (this was back in my metal days - 1988) I asked her what kind of music he would play...she said a mix between rock and rap. (i said to myself "that will never work")I guess I was wrong.

His mom's name is Mary, she started a group called the Parents for rock and rap. basicly they work against the PMRC that Tipper Gore started. This was back in 1991-92, not sure if the organization is still around, but it was kinda weird seeing an article about my history teacher in Playboy, (she was also on the cover of "the reader" which is a onion type Chicago paper.) Ice T was a good buddy of hers too. Hilarious seeing a gray haired older white woman and Ice T hanging out.

If you are ever in the Chicago area around Tgiving or Xmas...PM me, I will let you know where to go to have a good chance of meeting him. Dont really want to post it here, the bar is only about 1200 sq feet.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
pokerbobo -

[/ QUOTE ]

Out at the bar he's a normal Joe so to speak...nothin crazy. I remember his Mom tellin me about him moving to Cali after Harvard to start a band. (this was back in my metal days - 1988) I asked her what kind of music he would play...she said a mix between rock and rap. (i said to myself "that will never work")I guess I was wrong.

His mom's name is Mary, she started a group called the Parents for rock and rap. basicly they work against the PMRC that Tipper Gore started. This was back in 1991-92, not sure if the organization is still around, but it was kinda weird seeing an article about my history teacher in Playboy, (she was also on the cover of "the reader" which is a onion type Chicago paper.) Ice T was a good buddy of hers too. Hilarious seeing a gray haired older white woman and Ice T hanging out.

If you are ever in the Chicago area around Tgiving or Xmas...PM me, I will let you know where to go to have a good chance of meeting him. Dont really want to post it here, the bar is only about 1200 sq feet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that information extend to others who are interesting in getting it?