Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 03-20-2007, 02:26 PM

Default Flopping a monster in a four way raised pot. Bet out or check?

How do I extract value here? Also, how is my preflop play? I would sometimes raise in this position I think.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $119.45
UTG+1: $120.10
CO: $35.50
Button: $221.65
SB: $111.80
BB: $169.75

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero calls, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $3</font>, CO calls, Button calls, 2 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($13.5, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero ???
Old 03-20-2007, 02:29 PM

Default Re: Flopping a monster in a four way raised pot. Bet out or check?

With 4 players I think you can safely try a checkraise, it also depends on the aggressiveness of the table, if you think someone with 55+ will raise you then I just lead right out, however if the table isnt very raisy but does bet often, then I might check. Really depends on table, but obviously the safest way to build this pot is lead out, and I think you will get that is your best option.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:32 PM

probably just check and hope UTG+1 cbets, even if he doesn't you are 4 way and it is quite likely someone has an overpair here.

You are almost never getting drawn out on here so letting someone catch seems pretty decent.

don't like the UTG limp too much though
Old 03-20-2007, 02:44 PM

Raise PF. Stacking ppl when u flop a set is more easy when the pot is a bit bigger. Create that opportunity.

Flop check is nice since u have relative position. If PF raiser has a PP he is almost certainly betting it, and you might be able to catch some people in between.

A lead is bad because the PF raise can knock the others out by RRing.

When it comes back to you you can smoothcall is they are somewhat thinking and lead the turn. If they are total donkeys, just raise the flop.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

A lead is bad because the PF raise can knock the others out by RRing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't that be the ideal situation for the PFR to pop you? If you get popped he probably has a big pair that he isn't folding when you shove on him. I mean you can't bank on getting value from more than 1 player on a board like this.

I don't like CRin here because it looks way too strong in a 4 way pot after you limped call unless you are playing with total tards who will still pay off I'd prefer leading and if called cr any turn. If you get raised depending on the size of the raise, like if it's a min raise I'd just call and crai on the turn if it's a real raise I shove the flop.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't that be the ideal situation for the PFR to pop you? If you get popped he probably has a big pair that he isn't folding when you shove on him. I mean you can't bank on getting value from more than 1 player on a board like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its even more ideal if we can get the PF raiser to shove over our raise after some other players called his initial bet. On that flop its not unthinkable that at least one other player has a hand he is willing to call with. Almost any pp is an overpair to the board. People don't fold that to the first bet that often, but they do fold to a bet and a raise in front of them.

Ofcourse this all depends on the players.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:05 PM

Lol @ c/r. Why would you want so much FE?

Lead flop for 80% psb
Lead turn for 60% psb
Lead river for full psb
Old 03-20-2007, 03:06 PM

Jackall, what if they players are mega calling station donks, I am fine with checkraising knowing that if any good card for them comes, stack time.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With 4 players I think you can safely try a checkraise, it also depends on the aggressiveness of the table, if you think someone with 55+ will raise you then I just lead right out, however if the table isnt very raisy but does bet often, then I might check. Really depends on table, but obviously the safest way to build this pot is lead out, and I think you will get that is your best option.

[/ QUOTE ]

lead this flop. looks like you have mid pair and think you are best. this gives you best opportunity to build a big pot. i think your overall expectation is greatest by leading. sure, sometimes all will fold. but a fair amount of time you get a couple calls or a RR.

the C/R is gonna kill the action.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:14 PM

Calling stations don't bet, so we have to do the betting.

And if they are calling stations, then this will get all our money in the middle by the river.