Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes

Old 01-31-2007, 06:40 AM

Default 10/20 bellagio deep, hero call?

button in this hand is very, very solid, he plays back alot postflop, and is a 25/50 multi-tabler online. he's definitely capable of bluffing on 3 streets, etc, etc. basically just a pain in the [censored] ass to play against....

I'm not sure exactly how he views me, I've played w/ him the 2 nights prior to this for a number of hours when I was card dead and probably looked like a nit, but a few hours earlier the must move got down to 6 handed and I was playing like 40/35 or so.... he and I have not gotten into it @ all before this....

8 handed, I have 5k, he covers....

I open 88 to 80 from mp, co calls, button calls.

flop is 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, co checks, button bets 240 into 270 pot, I call, co folds...

turn is J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check, button bets 750, I call....

river is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I check, button bets 2k....

my plan had been to c/c 2 streets and fold if he fired 3 barrels, but when the river is a 4 he's repping either the flopped straight or air, no?

who does what here (or any other street). I didn't c-bet the flop b/c I planned on button raising, which he can do w/ sets, straight, one pr, 2 pr, FD, combo draws, and total air.

yes, I know I shouldn't be playing oop deep in this situation, etc,etc, but I didn't buy in deep and just got moved to this game, so now what?
Old 01-31-2007, 06:53 AM

Default Re: 10/20 bellagio deep, hero call?

eh, annoying spot. i think you're wrong about him only betting a straight or air here, your hand looks like what it is and i think he can be value betting two pair here.

since your hand is somewhat obvious, i suppose you can call the river here, but this is a spot that i generally get owned in and therefore would generally lead pots like this on the flop. the fact is, by playing the hand as you did, you were playing a good player OOP with your hand face up as some kind of medium strength one pair hand. i think in the long run the good player will own you hard in these spots.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:15 AM

he could easily be value-betting a set or two pair here.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:03 PM

Billy pretty much nailed it, I think you save yourself a ton of trouble on later streets by just betting the flop.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:29 PM

Sounds like you kinda of fear this player?

Bet the flop or C/R it. It's much easier to bet than call. You'll avoid that tough situation that we all LOVE. Anyhow, If your hand is ahead, it's way too vulnerable to just be calling here.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like you kinda of fear this player?

Bet the flop or C/R it. It's much easier to bet than call. You'll avoid that tough situation that we all LOVE. Anyhow, If your hand is ahead, it's way too vulnerable to just be calling here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because it's easier (and retarded) to do something doesn't translate into $$$ (or, specifically, +evvvvvv)
Old 01-31-2007, 05:01 PM

Go finish your tea party, and keep playing your ABC poker, illuminati! C/R all day, and hopefully it's a 2+2er.

Dang it, I started it now.