Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2007, 12:11 AM

Default 400NL Rebluff?

No real reads. I've only been at the table for a few minutes. Winning one pot by second barreling when an ace turned against villain in this hand. His almost minish raise here after he checked behind on the flop makes me think he is FOS. Who 3 towns this turn?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (3 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($530.97)
Hero ($443)
BB ($764.07)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $16</font>, BB calls $12.

Flop: ($32) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks.

Turn: ($32) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $24</font>, BB raises to $56, Hero?
Old 01-26-2007, 12:27 AM

Default Re: 400NL Rebluff?

imo fold, no reads atm so u dont know if he has q or not. 44/33/kq/aq/qj are not uncommon hands in this scenario imo.. i fold wait for better oppertunity.
was the check "super fast"? a super fast check followd by a raise screams set to me (from my experiance) min raise may be to price u in? lack of reads so id prefer folding here and not 3 barraling.

p.s i fold ax in Sb heh, unless suited that bad/weak play?
Old 01-26-2007, 12:28 AM

3handed + blind battle + Q43Q board + retarded unbelievable line = i'm not going to try and make him fold anything.

bet the flop

If I continue it's because I think I'm best and am calling his ass down.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3handed + blind battle + Q43Q board + retarded unbelievable line = i'm not going to try and make him fold anything.

bet the flop

If I continue it's because I think I'm best and am calling his ass down.

[/ QUOTE ]
I usually bet the flop. But I think I had raised 2 of the last three hands, and fired 2 barrels and one barrel and taken the pot down. I think he is calling with a lot here.

Thinking about a turn threebet, I am not trying to make him make a big laydown or even fold anything he raised for value. If he raised with a 4 or 55 or something for value I'm not trying to make him lay it down. I think he calls with those hands though, so if he is raising with them I don't think he does it for value. I just think he has air or close to air here a lot. And a monster almost never. You prefer a calldown? I would hate myself if he showed me AT-A8 or some sort of 3 though, or caught some sort of pair on the river.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:52 AM

"3 town" --it's not the time, fold
Old 01-26-2007, 07:59 AM

bet the flop here Qxx is a good flop to bet

your turn bet just means i have an Ace and i think im probably good, but I'm folding to a raise

of course fold
Old 01-26-2007, 08:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
your turn bet just means i have an Ace and i think im probably good, but I'm folding to a raise

of course fold

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with the first part of this, but I don't think the conclusion to fold necessarily follows.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:56 AM

Really looks like information raise, kind of " Top card paired, so my 66 is probably good, no?".
The thing is, if you reraise and he is a thinking player, he will have a hard time believing your line.Why didn't you bet the flop if you had a Q in your hand or if you have AA, why are you raising when there are 2 queens present?He might put you on 33 or 44, but you'll have to fire the river pretty big to try to convince him of that and he still might call.
All in all - not worth it, IMO.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Really looks like information raise, kind of " Top card paired, so my 66 is probably good, no?".
The thing is, if you reraise and he is a thinking player, he will have a hard time believing your line.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. But I think if I pop it to 190, he will think I am full of [censored]. But 95% of 400NL players will still not pull the trigger and push, even if he knows I'm full of it.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The thing is, if you reraise and he is a thinking player, he will have a hard time believing your line.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. But I think if I pop it to 190, he will think I am full of [censored]. But 95% of 400NL players will still not pull the trigger and push, even if he knows I'm full of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but if and if...He could have a Q and never fold.He could have 33 or 44 and never fold.He could just get really stubborn with 99 (this is 3handed).I would like your line better with a different card (K, for example), but the Q didn't change a thing really.And if you both "slowplayed a monster", his monster kinda beats A high...