Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing

Old 11-07-2006, 09:50 PM

Default Re: thoughts on silver?

[ QUOTE ]
The link doesn't work for...

www.tocquville.com - look up their Gold Fund mutual fund. It's run by an industry expert, John Hathaway, who also writes the best gold commentary. This fund would serve as an excellent base for your precious metals portfolio.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spelling error. Try:

http://www.tocqueville.com/
Old 11-07-2006, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In the last hour of poker, 73s is winning at a rate of 21 PTBB/100.

Does this mean 73s is a great hand? No.

Likewise, recent performance should not increase your tendency to buy it. In fact, it should probably slightly decrease it because the odds are now higher that it's overvalued.

Commodity exposure is a good thing though, because commodities tend to be slightly inversely correlated with stocks. Commodity futures funds are great diversifiers. You also get much higher returns than just by investing in commodities themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy didn't say he was planning on holding on forever. Silver was a great investment for the past 6 years and will continue to be a great investment until the commodity/precious metal bull market is over. Markets are cyclical, silver and gold were in a bear market for 20+ years, they are finally breaking out. The trend is your friend and you should be shifting your investments accordingly.

The main reason I am buying silver coins, gold coins, and silver and gold stocks is because I am bearish on the US Dollar. The US Dollar is on the verge of collapse and that event is going to proper gold and silver to the moon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not say I was planning on playing 73s forever. The same logic holds.

Regardless, precious metals are not the best hedge against the US dollar. Everything, not just metals, will cost a bunch (measured in dollars), if the dollar fails. Commodity futures and foreign stocks will capture the gains from the dollar's fall, as well as provide their own intrinsic gains.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:47 AM

The dollar is getting crushed.
Gold = 635/ounce
Silver = 13/ounce

Almost every singe gold stock ended up today. Still not too late guys, jump in while you can. Gold's next target is 688, probably before year end.