Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2006, 04:04 PM

Default Pinny soccer goals over/under bet for arb

I'm new to the sports betting arbing business. On the soccer matches, some of the over/under lines at Pinny read "Under 2 and 2.5 +116". Does this mean that if 2 goals are scored, I win the under 2.5? Or is it a push because it isn't under 2? I think it is the former, but unsure if it is the latter.

I'm asking because let's say I'm trying to arb this at Mansion where they have the same game at "Over 2.5 +105". If exactly 2 goals are scored and it doesn't count for the under, I'm SOL if the Pinny bet is a push. I'm 10% richer if it is not a push at Pinny.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:16 PM

Default Re: Pinny soccer goals over/under bet for arb

Sort of, Under 2 and 2.5 means. Say you bet 100, you have 50 to win 58 on under 2 and 50 to win 58 on under 2.5. There for if 2 goals are scored you make 8 dollars. If 3 goals are scored you lose 100, but make 105. If 1 goal is scored you make 116 and lose 100. But if two goals is scored you make 8 but lose 100.

This seems like I just reiterated what you said. I dont know if its an arb, but you are betting that 2 goals is not scored for what seems to be pretty good odds.

Someone with more knowledge may want to chime in however.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:28 PM

you can't arb u2/2.5 with o2.5, because you lose 25% of your principal if the game falls on 2.

it's somewhat rare to find a scalp where both sides have positive juice. that is generally a tipoff to look more carefully at the exact nature of the lines.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:28 PM

Okay, so if you are correct, at Pinny I'm basically placing two bets with my single bet. This thought hadn't even crossed my mind. So this would not be an arb since there is a possiblity that I lose $92 if exactly two goals are scored.

I'm a typical American who knows nothing about soccer, but two goals probably happens a large enough percentage of the time to make this an overall loser.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:33 PM

I thought every soccer game ended in a zero-zero tie? Isn't under always a lock?

[/troll]
Old 09-19-2006, 04:39 PM

This is a Polish middle. Given the right lines, you can have a profitable bet. This specific case, however, has a hugely negative expectation.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:53 PM

Pinny quickly responded telling me that in this scenario, if 2 goals are scored that half of the bet is a push and half is a win.

This jives with playersare's statement that I lose 1/2 of my equity on this bet.

Thanks for the info.