Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Ravens should add:
Peyton (or Brady) 23 85.19%
Not a QB 4 14.81%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 08:22 AM

Default Re: SSNL [cheese] thread: NOV Pt 2 (nc)

Another live poker TR, same $2/$5 blind $100-$200 buyin game:

Early on I tangle a little with a guy who was at my table yesterday and seemed fairly bad and doesn't like to fold. I open QJo to $25 behind a limp from another bad player, dude from yesterday calls in blinds, I think we're HU to the flop of 975cc. He check-calls $40. Turn is an offsuit ace, he checks, I could maybe shove but the only reasonable bet here is AI and for some reason I'm ridiculously averse to shoving with air in any spot, so I wuss out and check behind. He bets like $50 on a 5c river (completing frush) and I cry and fold.

Later I open KQo to $35 behind Eskabor's UTG straddle (he lives near Chumash so he came along with buckbomb56, who was in town visiting). Same guy calls and another dude calls, 3 to flop of J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I c-bet $70, same guy calls, other guy folds. Turn is K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]; I shove for like $110 effective maybe or something like that, he calls with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and misses. Yay for putting all my money in good!

Our table breaks and we move to a new table. My stack is a little over $500. Early on I make a nice 2 barrel where I open QTdd and the big stack to my left calls; flop K86 one diamond, he calls my cbet. Turn 3d giving me a flush draw, I fire $80 and he folds after quite a bit of deliberation.

Not long after, I open KK (OMG, A PAIR BIGGER THAN SEVENS? NO WAI) to $25 behind a limp, two callers. Flop is like 973r, some dude leads $15, I make it $80 and both players fold. Weak.

Later I have TT and Eskabor raises late-ish to $20. I flat call (could 3bet, meh), some limper calls, flop is J52dd. Checked to me, I bet $45, Esko calls. Turn Q putting 2 flush draws on board, check check. River Jx, he checks, I miss a value bet and check behind and he mucks after I flip tens.

Later Esko (who's still on my right) opens to $20 like he was doing with pretty much half his hands. I make it $65 with AKo. Folded to small blind, who shoves for $250; I'd been at the table for prob around 2 hours at this point (my stack was up to around $800 or so) and I hadn't seen him raise a single hand. I was like "well crap, he might have queens so [censored] it gg I call"; it's too bad I don't have PokerStove at the table because giving him a range of AKs/QQ+ makes me exactly a 2:1 dog when I wasn't getting 2:1 to call this. This is why live poker is [censored] ridiculous sometimes, I mean [censored] sitting with a bunch of nit grinders who play so [censored] ridiculous that you're actually supposed to fold AK after 3betting preflop and they shove for 50 [censored] bbs. I mean, does anyone even fold AK online after someone shoves in that spot for 100bbs? [censored] ridiculous! Anyway I call and obviously AA is good you [censored] stupid nit I hope you die in a grease fire.

Later Esko limps UTG, I make it $25 with TT, next guy to act calls, and the same super retard nit shoves for like $525 effective. DIE IN A GREASE FIRE I HATE YOU SO MUCH WHY DON'T YOU PICK UP SOMETHING OTHER THAN ACES YOU PIECE OF TRASH.

Later I limp 33 UTG, two more ppl limp, someone makes it $20, someone calls, I call, UTG+1 (who had been SUPER nitty) makes it $50 total. Everyone else folds, mostly because of some confusion over whether his raise was to $50 total or $50 on top of the $20; I call figuring I have good odds to set mine (stacks were like $500 effective) against what looked like a pretty [censored] obvious KK+. Flop 975r, I check-fold when he grabs a stack of chips and puts it out there because HE OBVIOUSLY HAS [censored] ACES GOD CAN I HIT A GODDAMN SET.

I open A5dd to $20 in like UTG+2 after not getting any hands for awhile, nit to my left calls (same guy from above hand), one other guy calls. Flop 932ss, I bet $55, nit tries to make it $100 until I laugh at him and tell him he can't do that, he corrects himself and makes it $110 and I fold to his obvious set. GOD PLAY WORSE, I [censored] DARE YOU TO POSSIBLY TRY TO BE MORE OF A DONK I HATE YOU.

Eskabor goes on sick tilt and starts shoving half his hands preflop and almost any draw postflop. He pretty much never hits; I mean, sure he was getting his money in bad, but his PokerEV all-in luck graph for the session would probably not be pretty. He goes to play blackjack, wins $1200, comes back, drops some more stacks, and after we all quit he sits back down and makes another $500 to mostly cover poker losses.

Once my stack got to $800 I basically didn't play another big hand and mostly bled off chips. I only cashed out $368 which was frustrating as [censored] after being up as much as I was. Ship the $28 profit for a total of +$88 on the weekend in about 8 hours of live pokar...weak, [censored] this minimum wage [censored] and getting dealt one premium pair the whole weekend. And I harbor massive hatred for the retarded nits that play so bad. I mean, whatever, I'm a nit but at least I'm still aggressive and actually take stabs in pots where I don't have at least an overpair hand and raise hands preflop that sometimes consist of cards which are not equal in rank to each other and both have pictures of people on them (or a lone symbol).

Like, there was a hand where I had 97o in the blinds and we all see a free turn on a board of AT28 with two spades, giving me an OESD. Someone bets $15, nit calls, I call. River is 6 of spades giving me str8 but also completing the FD; I decide to check-call in case someone has a flush (should have bet, reading that now I'm like "wtf why would you think something so weak tight just [censored] bet and get called by 2nd pair") and the nit CHECKS BEHIND LAST TO ACT WITH 54 OF SPADES FOR THE RIVERED FLUSH. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? WHY DO YOU HATE MONEY SO MUCH? WHY ARE YOU TAKING UP A SEAT AT THIS TABLE WHEN A RETARD DONK COULD BE SITTING THERE GOD I HATE YOU.

I made like $1200 on Thursday playing online on my laptop in the condo my family rented so whatever.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:09 AM

i picked a good night to play some 2/4 6-max

Old 11-25-2007, 09:12 AM

wow sick
Old 11-25-2007, 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow sick

[/ QUOTE ]
just found two great tables, played 34/28/4, so much fun
Old 11-25-2007, 09:43 AM

well its 10am im pretty [censored] tired im gonna get some sleep.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:50 AM

taking shot shots at 2/4 and 3/6, hopefully the doomswitch doesn't get flipped today
Old 11-25-2007, 10:03 AM

playing grimstarr HU at 10/20 if anyone wants to watch
Old 11-25-2007, 10:13 AM

christ Im really superstitious now for 3/6. When moving up to 2/4 and killing it from hand 1 I realized how important it is to run good when moving up. Your not 100% comfortable but if you win 10 buyins and then lose a few you get over the scared money quickly and it boosts your confince that you can beat that level. So if you get a downswing later you dont start fearing that limit like happened with 1/2 for me.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:38 AM

Just had a very fun one hour late-night session

Shoulda quit around hand 880 - set over set and flush over flush within the space of about 5 hands.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
christ Im really superstitious now for 3/6. When moving up to 2/4 and killing it from hand 1 I realized how important it is to run good when moving up. Your not 100% comfortable but if you win 10 buyins and then lose a few you get over the scared money quickly and it boosts your confince that you can beat that level. So if you get a downswing later you dont start fearing that limit like happened with 1/2 for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so key
Closed Thread