Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2007, 04:24 PM

Default tptk put to the test

only 25 hands on villain, never seen him before.

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BB: $311.55
UTG: $80.75
MP: $215.35
CO: $184.10
BTN: $192
Hero (SB): $223

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $7</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $25</font>, BB calls $23, CO folds

Flop: ($57) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, BB checks

Turn: ($57) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $28</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $56</font>, Hero calls $28

River: ($169) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $169</font>, Hero ???
Old 11-18-2007, 04:26 PM

Default Re: tptk put to the test

i have no clue what's going on but i cbet flop and if i somehow didn't, i make more than a half psb on turn.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:30 PM

3rd in, he flat-calls a 3-bet? Looks grim absent a read. I know 25 hands isn't much, but you must have some idea how he plays.

Absent any sort of read I fold the river, if he picked now to make a move, gg him.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:33 PM

Cbet the flop. Don't give him any sense of weakness there, or he will step up on the river. I think his river raise is less an indication of strength and more a reaction to your flop check

Not sure about the river? I'd pitch it.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $7</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $25</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's my first question, why are we re-raising out of position with AQ offsuit? As played though, you took control of the hand, representing a high pair here. You have to be thinking about playing the flop strong.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: ($57) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, BB checks

[/ QUOTE ]

Why on earth are you checking this flop? So often people go for the check-raise in the wrong situations. Just bet out and see what he does. Look at it this way, he may view it as a continuation bet and pay you off. If you get raised, then you can re-assess what you think villian has. As played, you have no information on him at all.

[ QUOTE ]

Turn: ($57) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $28</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $56</font>, Hero calls $28

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless he has pocket deuces, the turn didn't help him. This was a solid bet by you, but now you are in a tough spot because he's value-betting you with a min-raise. Now I don't know how creative villian is, how often he bluffs.. but there's a chance he has JJ if he's a solid player. If he's more loose, he could have AJ, KQ or even TT/99. What you do think he's putting you on?

[ QUOTE ]

River: ($169) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $169</font>, Hero ???

[/ QUOTE ]

At this point, I look at the large river bet and the set becomes less likely. It looks like he's trying to make you fold by betting the pot. You shouldn't have played it this way, because you put yourself in a tough spot for the river to be more difficult to read, but the more I think of it, if this guy isn't a tight-nit player and you notice he likes to "out-play" people, your Queen is probably good. It's either 99, TT, AJ or a set though. But the bet size just doesn't sell a set for me unless he's putting you on AA, KK.

I hope my thoughts helped, but this is tough.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Here's my first question, why are we re-raising out of position with AQ offsuit? As played though, you took control of the hand, representing a high pair here. You have to be thinking about playing the flop strong.

[/ QUOTE ]

my hand is a favorite over a loose CO opening range, I'd like to take it down preflop or on the flop with a cbet. pretty standard issue stuff here.

[ QUOTE ]
Why on earth are you checking this flop? So often people go for the check-raise in the wrong situations. Just bet out and see what he does. Look at it this way, he may view it as a continuation bet and pay you off. If you get raised, then you can re-assess what you think villian has. As played, you have no information on him at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

checkd the flop b/c I don't really know what to do if raised. he coldcalled a 3bet in the bb, so generally he has a range of like 88+, AKs, maybe AQs

[ QUOTE ]
Unless he has pocket deuces, the turn didn't help him. This was a solid bet by you, but now you are in a tough spot because he's value-betting you with a min-raise. Now I don't know how creative villian is, how often he bluffs.. but there's a chance he has JJ if he's a solid player. If he's more loose, he could have AJ, KQ or even TT/99. What you do think he's putting you on?

[/ QUOTE ]

well he chkd back the flop so I thought he was most like either pretty weak or very strong. so I bet 1/2 pot trying to induce a call from his weaker range (this is something I like never do so I didnt really know how to respond to the minraise. I guessed since my hand looks like AK a lot of the time, he could be playing 88-TT this way for a free SD, charging me to draw, so folding would be bad.

[ QUOTE ]

At this point, I look at the large river bet and the set becomes less likely. It looks like he's trying to make you fold by betting the pot. You shouldn't have played it this way, because you put yourself in a tough spot for the river to be more difficult to read, but the more I think of it, if this guy isn't a tight-nit player and you notice he likes to "out-play" people, your Queen is probably good. It's either 99, TT, AJ or a set though. But the bet size just doesn't sell a set for me unless he's putting you on AA, KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

doesnt make sense for him to be betting 88-TT here if he puts me on AK cause he cant really expect me to call.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:05 PM

bump