Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 07-29-2007, 11:31 AM

Default Table/Seat Selection Example 2B (reposted)

FWIW This is a repost of from this thread which u should read first as it contains the leadin to the example.

Example 2B – “Choose your seats”

A poker genie appears and tells you that he has the power to immediately give you any seat coloured green. Since you normally play 2 or 3 tables you may choose either 2 or 3 of the green seats from each example. The genie insists that you explain why you do or don’t choose a seat. The genie understands that a choice may or may not be close or even that interesting to some but still wants you to explain why.

Remember, you must choose between 2 and 3 seats from the ones marked green.

Example 2B:
Old 07-29-2007, 12:24 PM

Default Re: Table/Seat Selection Example 2B (reposted)

Torinio is just fugly. Tight aggressive, with lags thrown in and many to my right. No thanks. 8 sharks chewing on 1-2 fish. Better fishing holes out there.

Not crazy about azure either. You have tag and lag to your right. The whole table is tighter then a snare drum. Nah, I'll find another table.

serfina is meh. Besides the 1 tag to your right the table is fairly exploitable with lots of tight passives. The maniac and lag in seats 9 and 8 should open up the gambling a bit making the table worth while. Just be ready for a somewhat swingy session.

Topaz seems the best. A few unknowns, but the tighties are to your left and there are a few fish to chew on. The 44/22 will also open the game up a bit. This is fine since he is across the table.

Overall I suggest closing down this site and opening another. These tables blow for .5/1
Old 07-29-2007, 01:19 PM

I don't care for Torino. The two guys I want to play pots with are in good spots, those being the guys in seats 4 and 7. Seat 4 will cold call to get involved, but I'd either wait for a better seat or find a better table.

Azure blows as well. Pots are super small and I don't think we're gonna get a lot of hands to play. I'm only guessing, but I wouldn't mind isolating seat 4. Based on the PFR's of seats 6 and 7, I think they may have the same idea. I don't like playing with heavily agro people which looks like what we're gonna be doing as we 3-bet/cap those guys a lot or defend against their steals if we want to play.

Serafina doesn't do it for me either. You do have the maniac there which is nice, but you have the agressive TAG on your right as well. Normally I wouldn't mind position on him, but you may have to put up with him trying to play pots with the maniac as well.

I guess I like Topaz the best. Some loose guys to give action across the way and some guys who may be able to be stolen from on your right. It's not a good table, but I think I like it better than the others.

If this was my selection for .5/1 and 1/2, I'd probably just fire up some HORSE or SnGs or something.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:50 PM

Torina: Nope. Pot size no good, too tight.

Azure: Same problem, no play for Mr. Gray.

Serafino: Yep, looks OK, big pots, a couple of these players may be tricky so look sharp.

Topaz: Well pot sizes are really too small for me but Ozigenie said pick at least 2 so we will play here and try to make the pots we win bigger. If #7 or #8 leave, we're outta here.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:58 PM

Wow. None of these seats look particularly good to me. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

If I had to choose 3-4 seats, though, I'd probably take:

Topaz first. The loose players are on the opposite side of the table, but at least there are loose players.

Then Serafina, for the same reason.

Azure and Torino both look bad. If I had to choose one as my third seat, it would probably be Azure. At Torino, I have the tightest players on my right. At Azure, at least they're on my left.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:26 PM

torino and topaz, torino probably less likely only because we already have someone trying to isolate against the loose hyper aggro preflopper.

Nevertheless they both provide opportunities against the table with drawing hands.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:56 PM

a 'keep me alive post vbulletin switch' bump