Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 07-29-2007, 11:29 AM

Default Table/Seat Selection Example 2A (reposted)

FWIW This is a repost of from this threadwhich u should read first as it contains the leadin to the example.

Example 2A – “Choose your seats”

Now it is time to do some seat selection.

A poker genie appears and tells you that he has the power to immediately give you any seat coloured green. Since you normally play 2 or 3 tables you may choose either 2 or 3 of the green seats from each example. The genie insists that you explain why you do or don’t choose a seat. The genie understands that a choice may or may not be close or even that interesting to some but still wants you to explain why.

So, to be clear, you MUST choose either 2 or 3 seats from the 4 marked green.

Example 2A:
Old 07-29-2007, 12:32 PM

Default Re: Table/Seat Selection Example 2A (reposted)

Sirona is good. Loose passive to the right, tights to the left. Not much more to say about that.

Hungaria is kinda unknown, especially to your right. The seat is ok. The Lag is across the table and you have tights to your left. Try and lap or two and see how it goes.

Ingeborg will have large pots. Loose Passives with the lag mixed in. Seats good, just watch that lag and adjust accordingly.

I'm not diggin Aethra. The mix of lag/tag's kinda leaves me uncomfortable. I wouldn't sit there unless I was single tabling. I would need to concentrate on my game. It makes the play somewhat unpredictable. Player predictability is all the matters in many games.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:03 PM

Sirona is really nice. I'd take that one. Worst player on your right, some tight guys on your left, and a loose table with big pots.

Hungaria is decent table in general. There is one horrible player across the way who may be driving the action. I'd take the seat and see how the unknowns on my right shake up.

I like Ingeborg too. One loose guy who you have position on and some tight guys off your left aways. There is a LAG on your right though, but he's multitabling. I'd keep an eye on him since he might be a showdown monkey or fold to some resistance. The pots are small, but if that means you can isolate the lag/LPP a bit, I like it.

Nothing about Aethra really stands out to me aside from the multitabling LAG. I'd probably pass on this table and play the other three.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:37 PM

I am sitting at Sirona- I like it, nice pot size. (EDITED TO ADD might even order a pizza and beer we could be here a while. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])
I am not sitting at Ingeborg, small pots.
We'll play Hungaria IV, at least for a while, pot sizes OK If the unknowns become problematic we can move.
Pass on Aethra looks too tight we can do better.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:52 PM

Sirona looks best to me. I have at least one VERY loose person to my left and two tight people to my right.

Ingeborg also looks good. I have position on the loosest player at the table and although the people to my immediate right are unknowns, the people after them are tight.

Aethra and Hungaria excite me somewhat less. If I had to choose one of them as my third, I'd take Hungaria.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:55 PM

a 'keep me alive post vbulletin switch' bump