Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 04:01 AM

Default 99 vs LAGtard in 3 bet pot

Villain is 60/23/3 after 90 hands. He also didn't fold the blinds once out in 90 hands and his attempt to steal is 21 so I don't think he is positionally aware at all (so I think he will call my preflop reraise with a ton of hands he shouldn't).

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (CO): $91.45
BTN: $10.45
SB: $13.15
BB: $48
UTG: $50
MP: $57.05

Pre-Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $5.75, BB folds, MP calls $4.25

Flop: ($18.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">MP bets $18.50</font>, Hero ???

Calling doesn't seem to accomplish much of anything. My gut reaction is fold but the guy is such an idiot I don't know if that is the right play.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:18 AM

Default Re: 99 vs LAGtard in 3 bet pot

I wouldn't want to create such a huge pot pf against maniac with a hand that doesn't play well post-flop. Plus there is someone else in the hand who smooth called a 3bet pot. I'm kind of concered about that, it's not like he's leading with an Ace given description of MP.

Blah, fold. Don't raise PF.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:22 AM

def don't 3bet PF. villain seems aggressive and probably stacks himself often enough vs a set to make a preflop call the most +EV play.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:29 AM

I would fold on the flop. I probably would do that HU, but having the third guy in the hand, effectively yet to act, makes it easier.

Simply calling preflop, like others have suggested, seems like a good option to me. I mean, I know you're ahead of Villain's range, but building a big pot with a hand that will generally flop an overcard or two rather than a set, versus a LAG, may not be the best idea. Smooth calling allows Villain to steal more, it's true, but at least the pot he'll be stealing won't be all that big (compared to the bloated 3-bet pots he'll also sometimes steal from you). And, by calling, you preserve your excellent implied odds versus a semi-psycho on a set.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:49 AM

I think I can handle calling w/ 99 here, but that is the cutoff, right? I don't think it's in me to just call a maniac w TT.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I can handle calling w/ 99 here, but that is the cutoff, right? I don't think it's in me to just call a maniac w TT.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. I remember once against a complete maniac just calling with as much as KK before (HU from the BB), with the idea of just calling the whole way and letting him push in his 63o all by himself. (He must've been the type who always bet until played back at, in which case he would sometimes fold, since otherwise my preflop play wouldn't have made much difference.)

But your Villain isn't a complete maniac. And, anyway, I don't have a strong opinion either way about the TT.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:21 AM

You only complete one thing with ur pf-raise and thats making him commit to a big pot to make it more likely to make him put all his money in on the flop/turn. But you only want that if you hit a set and thats not going to happend very often. Just call, and since he was the org-raiser he's going to bet atleast two streets. dont outprice yourself.

SB prob got JJ-QQ or some crazy attempt with a sc.
And i dont think that MP has air here very often. Hes betting in to the 3bettor who are in position.
So hes got like Ax-Qs or so.

Even if you decide to call, no turncard is going to make you in better position to call an even bigger bet on the turn. So this is a standard fold imo.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:31 AM

Fold as played -3b pot, 3way axx you're boned.

Call pf. Bloating big pot vs aggro maniac oop sucks because most of the time the flop will have overcards and if he can't fold you won't know where to stand.

He's a loose aggro - sure implied odds may not be so great when he has trash 1/2 time but anytime you have TP+ he's gonna be bleeding chips on average - speculative hands that can make TP hands are good vs him IP.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:24 AM

OOP I would 3bet him, knowing I would be able to put a hefty cbet it first.

in position, I like a call.