Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 03:55 AM

Default $200 live, AQ on AQT flop, lots of action

Hey guys,

$1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players

Effective stacks are $150
UTG+1 is tilting right now and playing very LAG.
MP2 is a super rock, stats around 8/6/2 over ~300 hands.

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 limps, MP1 limps, MP2 limps, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO limps, Button limps, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($14.00) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="red">MP2 bets $8</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $30</font>, <font color="red">UTG+1 raises to $150 (All-In)</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls $142 (All-In), Hero calls $120 (All-In)

Final pot: $458.00

Raise preflop?
Lead flop?
Fold to flop raise?

I don't really know what I was doing here.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:37 AM

Default Re: $200 live, AQ on AQT flop, lots of action

I don't mind not raising preflop, but if you don't, you can't get all worked up for your stack with top two pair when somebody might already have a straight or a set.

For starters, I would bet $15 on the flop. A little bit bigger than the pot, but it will get lots of weak draws to fold, as well as most 1-pair hands.

If I get called, then the turn action will depend on what the turn card is, who called me, and what the stacks are like at that point. If I get raised, then I might very well fold if the raiser was somebody who doesn't over play QT or AT on a board like this. TT is a limping hand for many. UTG+1 might have gone for a limp/rr with AA but missed the chance to rr. And KJs and even KJo are limping hands for many, too.

If I don't raise preflop with AQ on a coordinated board like this, then I try not to get my stack in with top 2 pair. I lead out, and see where it goes from there.

As played for the c/r, you should fold when UTG+1 pushes and MP2 calls. At least one of them has you beaten, and I would not be surprised if UTG+1 has AA.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:54 AM

snap fold as played. not raising pf is horrible.make it a large raise to thin the field and decrease relative stacks as you have to play oop...your call after raise, re raise, rere raise AI, call AI, is total spew.you find kj hear almost 100% of the time.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:00 AM

Thanks guys, good advice. I appreciate it!