Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy

Old 10-11-2007, 03:32 PM

Default daily 50k line check

how many streets did i butcher this?

EDIT: no read or prior history with villain

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB (t3000)
UTG (t3020)
Hero (t4900)
MP1 (t3320)
MP2 (t4780)
MP3 (t2970)
CO (t2940)
Button (t2940)
SB (t2340)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t80</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, SB calls t70, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (t180) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t180</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t360</font>, Hero calls t180.

Turn: (t900) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t500</font>, Hero calls t500.

River: (t1900) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t1400</font>
Old 10-11-2007, 03:41 PM

Default Re: daily 50k line check

What is the plan on the river if he leads out? Are you still calling if he bets 1400 on the river?
Old 10-11-2007, 03:42 PM

After he bets the turn i don't think there is any value in betting this river. you're only beating TT here and i can't see TT leading the turn. If he was messing around with an underpair on the flop, he def not calling this river bet. I'd fold the turn against an unknown/random. As played, just check behind river.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:46 PM

I don't like your bet on the river. Villain is showing huge strength when he check raises the flop and then leads the turn. I don't think you get any value from betting the river.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is the plan on the river if he leads out? Are you still calling if he bets 1400 on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

i expected him to hold a hand like A9, and as such i think i'm calling if he leads for 1400
Old 10-11-2007, 04:05 PM

Yeah don't bet the river since villain can't put you on a 9 or worse and so won't call with a 9 or worse. Up until then, I like it. Not sure about river if he makes a value bet, I probably mostly fold.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:43 PM

calling turn is borderline...if you call hi checkraise on flop and K comes out why is he still bluffing? That being said I don't mind the turn call...if...if you are willing to check down river...value bet is very thin IMO and genius if called by A9 but more likely spew
Old 10-11-2007, 04:48 PM

Villain's minraise range is about 66, 88, A9, 1010, set of 9s (TERRIBLE), 87s, 76s (also terrible). His call range to a push on the flop could very well be 88, A9, 1010. And I weigh those three hands more than others based on the preflop/flop action.

It's interesting because I think that you could have 4-bet this flop. He's put in enough and his stack and I think you put 88, A9, 1010 into a calleable by overbetting the pot a little. Could get paid nicely on this board, it will look like you are bluffing AK and trying to buy the pot. I think a call this deep is the default play, but meh, couldn't hurt to throw these thoughts out there.

Zeebo theorem makes a value bet on the river not the worst thing I have ever seen. I definitely check it as well, because once you call on the turn, it's basically an announcement that you have A9 beat with either 1010+ or AK.

You did, fwiw, underrep your hand a little on the flop. But, really, only one street was butchered, and a reasonable scapel misfire on the wrong part of the cadaver, not like a total hack job with a chainsaw.

Barry
Old 10-11-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain's minraise range is about 66, 88, A9, 1010, set of 9s (TERRIBLE), 87s, 76s (also terrible). His call range to a push on the flop could very well be 88, A9, 1010. And I weigh those three hands more than others based on the preflop/flop action.

It's interesting because I think that you could have 4-bet this flop. He's put in enough and his stack and I think you put 88, A9, 1010 into a calleable by overbetting the pot a little. Could get paid nicely on this board, it will look like you are bluffing AK and trying to buy the pot. I think a call this deep is the default play, but meh, couldn't hurt to throw these thoughts out there.

Zeebo theorem makes a value bet on the river not the worst thing I have ever seen. I definitely check it as well, because once you call on the turn, it's basically an announcement that you have A9 beat with either 1010+ or AK.

You did, fwiw, underrep your hand a little on the flop. But, really, only one street was butchered, and a reasonable scapel misfire on the wrong part of the cadaver, not like a total hack job with a chainsaw.

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

Barry...would he bull ahead on the turn with a hnd the hero beats? Maybe but I think that we may be turning our hand into a weak bluff and only a really bad player will cal with a boat smaller than the K...

that being said it takes big balls to check a monster on the river here so I dunno...still like a check behind
Old 10-11-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

Barry...would he bull ahead on the turn with a hnd the hero beats? Maybe but I think that we may be turning our hand into a weak bluff and only a really bad player will cal with a boat smaller than the K...

that being said it takes big balls to check a monster on the river here so I dunno...still like a check behind

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, river, check behind, I said that. I agree with you.

Turn, fine.

Flop is where I question whether value can be attained with a push.

Barry