Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring

Old 10-08-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Re: B&M 1-2, I\'m weak/tight

After the 3 bet on hand 2 I was set mining and likely would have folded a 2-2-2 flop. However, the K-J-x flop was obviously horrible because that means AK and JJ got there. I turbomucked both hands.

I think you guys are underestimating how often I'll see AA or KK there. I think its around 70%.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think you guys are underestimating how often I'll see AA or KK there. I think its around 70%.

[/ QUOTE ]

-I think you should find a new card room, or tip the dealers a lot more...lol
Old 10-08-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After the 3 bet on hand 2 I was set mining and likely would have folded a 2-2-2 flop. However, the K-J-x flop was obviously horrible because that means AK and JJ got there. I turbomucked both hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Were these in the same session? To the same villain? If you've already shown that you will fold to a 3-bet his range in hand 2 is like any 2 cards over ten, any pair. Also, I don't like set mining with stack that short, though that moran raise gives you decent odds.

And yes, if I can't value-shove QQ preflop 60BBs deep I want a table change.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:17 PM

Iron: I live in the Chicago suburbs, and play at Majestic Star and Resorts all the time. I'm sure you know me.
The buy ins at the 100 max game are all messed up (50 BB max), and makes it difficult to play poker. Because of the low buy in and high PF raises, you will be constantly looking at commitment decisions. Therefore, extra care must be taken when choosing OOP hands to raise with. AT off in EP you fold PF so you avoid the exact situation you encountered. Because the players there are so bad, you will be tempted to call, but you will be near you commitment point. If an ace hits and you bet or call, you are now tied to this hand. As played, fold.
You are pushing all in with the second hand, especially if these hands happened in order, ie..he pushed you off the AT off hand first. You are ahead most ranges at this boat, and he thinks you are his girlfriend cuz he pushed you off the earlier hand with position.
Finally, play more at Resorts. The players are way worse, and the buy ins make more sense. The room is smaller and uglier, but you can't have everything...