Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 12:02 AM

Default Re: Super Tues AK v. Premier

I continuation bet this for 3,000-4,500. If he check-raises you fold. If he is nitty, is going to check-raise you with air?. If he flat calls, I check behind and try and hit an Ace or a King, or I might shove the turn if I thought he might give up.

Not hard

Given that you raised small preflop, his range is any PP, could be JTs, could be 45s.

btw, I hate shoving this preflop. If you had a smaller stack of maybe like 10,000 - 13,000then shove. But you have a little room to work with. I always think that when ppl think of AK in strictly a shove or fold way, its a small stakes way of thinking. You have room to work with.

edited: I just read a lot of the responses. If you bet 3,000 preflop and 3,000 on the flop and you get check-raise ai, I think you still have plenty of room to fold. You have 12,000 left and the pot is 25,000ish. If he has a small pair then it was a gutsy play and you aren't getting 4 to 1, so you fold.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:31 AM

Default Re: Super Tues AK v. Premier

i dont even hate betting the flop as played but i agree with curtains; shoving pf ftw