Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy

Old 09-12-2007, 05:47 PM

Default Re: $555 QQ - take it to value town?

[ QUOTE ]
wow,
good player he is..

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 09-12-2007, 06:22 PM

Is this turn call was correct?
Old 09-12-2007, 06:33 PM

Pineapple,
Agression factor over 100 hands is basically useless.

Everyone else his river check is for sure good.
If you have a flush you are betting the river 100% of the time
If you have a set you are betting the river 100% of the time
If you two pair or an over pair you are betting the river 100% of the time.

If you have air you will bet the river more than you will call a river bet.

If he c/c c/c and than explodes when his card hits his hand becomes pretty faceup and you will fold overpairs/twopairs frequently. Sets some of the time and low flushes some of the time. Once he gets to the river its an incredibly easy crai. or c/c

As for the actual hand I was thinking exactly what jsh said. If villain makes some complex river c/r bluff either after floating twice or turning a weak made hand into a bluff while giving us over 2:1 on a call than nh congrats. But that's so unlikely I'd fire out 300 fold to a crai.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If villain makes some complex river c/r bluff either after floating twice or turning a weak made hand into a bluff while giving us over 2:1 on a call than nh congrats. But that's so unlikely I'd fire out 300 fold to a crai.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes a lot of sense. The reason I would check behind in the game is I wouldn't feel confident enough in my read to fold to a crai.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:02 PM

I bet 300 and type in "value town please"
Old 09-13-2007, 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is 10/4/0 over 100 hands, that's all I know.

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t20 (9 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t1490)
UTG+1 (t1560)
MP1 (t1470)
Hero (t1470)
MP3 (t1500)
CO (t1470)
Button (t1460)
SB (t1480)
BB (t1600)

Preflop: Hero is in MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, UTG+1 calls t20, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t90</font>, <font color="gray">MP3 folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>, UTG+1 calls t70

Flop: (t210) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets t150</font>, UTG+1 calls t150

Turn: (t510) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets t320</font>, UTG+1 calls t320

[/ QUOTE ]
Pudge:

[ QUOTE ]
Wow do people really thing this guy ever had a flush of 55/88/66 here? He could have a set if the board was drier, but I think he needs to c/r the flop or the turn here with them

[/ QUOTE ]
JSH06:

[ QUOTE ]
I think a set definitely would have raised the flop or turn because of the draw heavy board.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you guys are way above my league, but do you really think the villain has to raise a set here? I mean yeah, the board is kinda drawy in general but not very much so if we consider hero's raising over a limper range.

Say, I'm the villain and I hit a set with 66. If I know my opponent is a competent player, what hands from his range (unless there is some sort of raising for metagame purposes involved) should I be affraid of to outdraw me? A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] only, I guess.

The flop bet from the hero doesn't narrow his range as it can be a c-bet, so it's still {JJ+,AK}. And once again the only hand I'm affraid of is A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

When the hero bets on the turn again, I'm pretty much sure he has JJ+. If he has JJ, he has me crushed now so no need to raise. If he has QQ-AA, he's drawing to 2 outs basically. That's why I'm just calling again - this allows the hero to bet or move all-in on the river most of the time and I would gladly call.

That way by adjusting our decisions according to hero's PF raising range and not raising with a made set we take his whole stack while a raise on the flop or the turn could allow him to get away from his big pair.

Or is this logic flawed somehow?..
Old 09-13-2007, 06:27 AM

easy check.