Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 12:43 PM

Default Re: Day 4, WSOP ME bustout hand

[ QUOTE ]
This is a must call against any range, plus the possibility of a squeeze makes it even more of a call.

This seems like a good time for my JJ vs. a squeeze story from the Main Event. Foreign guy in his 30's (Villain) just got moved to my table at the end of Day 1. He hasn't seen me show down the worst cards imaginable all day long, only hand he's seen me play (out of a total of 10 hands or so) was a monster pot I won where I had QQ. I have 80K, he has 30K, blinds are 400/800 I think. I raise to 2K UTG, MP calls, Villain raises to 8K in the SB, BB folds, I instantly shove because I'm including the strong possibility of a squeeze. MP folds, Villain thinks forever and folds KK face up.

[/ QUOTE ]
And with KK you mean two Kings, right? Lol. Nice story.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:07 PM
 is offline

cking... were you ever really thinking about folding this? I think this is only a fold vs. Alan Kessler.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:14 PM

Wow,

I'm so looking forward to being an old guy and squeeze all the young hotshots w garbage [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

...only other old guys will probably be doing it by then [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2007, 07:30 PM

I gave folding a consideration. But i wasnt sticking my chips in till i put him on a range of hands. I hadn't been at the table long and once i counted the pot in my head, saw how few chips i had and put him on a range of hands it was easy.

Afterwards talking to people everyone felt like it was a good call in terms of math and equity i have just been meaning to post it on here.

Also freehat i dont think i took more then a minute or so

EDIT: Also this was only the 3rd time I had been all in the entire tournament with the only other time being earlier in that day with AK vs a resteal with A7 and the AQ hand vs Alahei. Point was I didnt want to race until i was sure my hand was a race and i considered my chip stack and the situation.