FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2007, 04:44 AM

Default Re: Stars 109 bluff

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
really I think c/r looks much stronger than betting out here

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Put yourself in his shoes. What hand is the UTG raiser check-raising on this board. Pretty much specifically 88 or a bluff, *maybe* AA. What range is betting out on the turn? 99-AA plus overcard bluffs, and that range is going to look a lot scarier.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think if you don't c/r this turn pretty frequently you should add it in your game. I would c/r a lot of hands that aren't the ones you specify that I think are the best hand. I don't really think my play was good though and I basically agree with Austiger for the reasoning, especially given that he snap called 99.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that he snap called with 99 is a reason *not* to do this. 99 is about the worst hand he might call with, and he called with it instantly. You are only getting a bluff to lay down. I don't know if you've seen Eagles' post in STT (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...=1#Post9171452), but this part seems applicable:

[ QUOTE ]
Many of us have played sports and are competitive. Because of this I find it difficult to make good folds because I want to win and if I fold I lose the pot. Because of this I went through a phase were frequently when playing hands instead of asking “what am I accomplishing?” or “what is the best decision?” I asked “how can I win this pot?”. This thinking was a huge problem as many spots the only way I could win the pot was if my opponent was bluffing so I decided he was.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to say you should never C-R here, but I would need a reason to do it, like an opponent who I knew would routinely float a flop bet and fire with nothing on the turn. Against an unknown, I would assume the flop call means something (i.e. top pair/overpair), and I would assume that he's not going to lay it down to a C-R considering the stack sizes and how much he has already committed to the pot.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's stronger, but it doesn't really represent anything other than "I think you're floating me light, and mine is bigger than yours"
Old 06-23-2007, 04:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's stronger, but it doesn't really represent anything other than "I think you're floating me light, and mine is bigger than yours"

[/ QUOTE ]

Well sure if you want to sum up my point in 2 sentences instead of my long ramble.

Stupid talking dog.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like it. I think it's creative and quite sick. Probably would have worked if he had just a wee big more in his stack. Good times, sir. Keep posting interesting hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

tyty i probably will, most of the hands i want to post are batshit crazy bluffs.

i dunno what you guys are talking about though, i c/r this turn with like JJ all the time