Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 12:13 AM

Default Trip Jacks getting relatively weaker fast. But my kicker isn\'t bad!

Today, I practiced multitabling again. Something I haven't done in many months (before hiatus too). PAHUD never came up with the data, so I think my settings may be off. I'll have to fix that. But, there are no real reads. MP3 I remember playing with from long time past, though I also thought he played higher stakes than what I was practicing multitabling with. Having said that I don't remember anything specific about him, but my instinct was to respect him, even though he was pretty passive this hand. What do you guys think? Especially but not necessarily only...

Leading the flop as opposed to something more fancy.
The decision of waiting till the turn to put in that raise.
Do you B/F the river or is that a B/C?

PokerStars Really Low Stakes Hold'em(9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls

Flop: (16.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (~10.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP3 calls.

River: (~18.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: XXX BB

Edit: I see what it did. It put the flop action preflop after the true preflop. That's how I can raise my own bet.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:20 AM

Default Re: Trip Jacks getting relatively weaker fast. But my kicker isn\'t bad

I don't get the pre-flop action... 3-betting with AJo?

Doesn't matter.. seems ok with me.. would you have folded river to a raise?
Old 06-14-2007, 12:22 AM

wtf pf action?

edit: dude, if the converter [censored] up the pot sizes, just fix them.

edit2: i think i just 3bet the flop, but it's probably fine.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:28 AM

I dont get what happend preflop, thats everyone limps u raise everyone calls rite? the cap thing was actually the flop action?

on the flop with utg raising ur lead and 3 callers id just 3bet the flop. Ur equity does change alot on a blank turn, but people may drop out then and u pass up a lot of bets not just 3betting the flop when u probably have 70% equity.

utg has a K or J here and never a fd after his flop action, and u cant bet fold the river becuz MP could have a chop or some random worse Jx enough to call getting like 20:1. If u bet and it goes utg calls then MP raises, u probably lost but just call for the overcall its a very small mistake if even (he may have slowplayed JT this long not trying to lose people but feels obligated to raise the river vs 2 people he cant put on a flush, and definitely not a boat by UTG).
Old 06-14-2007, 12:31 AM

add: checking the flop is retarded, def dont.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:31 AM

I don't think I would've folded the river. That may be an error. I didn't think that UTG had the flush, but then I saw MP3 and was worried until he folded. I think the pot is too big to fold at these stakes at that point. If they had the straight they made it on the turn, too. So unless he had J7 or 77 I figured I was ok. Unless mp3 had the flush.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:58 AM

Default Re: Trip Jacks getting relatively weaker fast. But my kicker isn\'t bad!

I lead the flop. If you're c-betting most of the time, I think it looks too suspicious if you don't do it here.

Since it's gonna be 3way going to the turn, I don't mind waiting to raise. I'd expect UTG to bet again basically no matter what and waiting does give you the chance to trap MP3 for another one if he's peeling lightly.

Getting at least 15:1 on the river, I probably call hoping to pick off a slowplayed worse jack or maybe KQ.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
would you have folded river to a raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone advocate c/c river as opposed to b/c?
Old 06-14-2007, 06:00 AM

how can a converter mess up a hand SO BAD?

Anyway, Don't slowplay trips on the flop by bet/calling. Sooo draw heavy you want them to pay as much as possible. If the action went on the flop Hero bets, UTG raises, MP3 calls, You call... then you check the turn... most likely you fell for a free card play especially against someone you have an indication is a TAG. Fastplay that mother like it's hot on the flop orr even donk the turn. Luckily the guy did bet for you. Lucky.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:24 AM

Default Re: Trip Jacks getting relatively weaker fast. But my kicker isn\'t bad!

Flop action is still f'ed (WTF? hero bets, UTG caps...impressive), so I'm not really sure on my advice, except that you could prolly play caveman poker in this hand and be fine (me have trips, me raise).

-J