Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 02:35 PM

Default Re: Shield Finale

Re: Dutch v Billings. I agree that it's not finished. They're setting Dutch up to be a hero next season. He gets all the chicks and saves the department from a $3.4M lawsuit (finally uses the vending machine info in a useful way?)
Old 06-07-2007, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
T
I think the episode before the finale might have been a better finale, as it really ramped up the tension and could have been a pseudo cliff-hanger.

I gather that the decision to do a 7th season was a late one. Had they had more time to plan things out, I don't think it would have been broken up the way it has been. I'm just looking at it as a hiatus before the final episodes of season six are shown. This will make more sense if season seven is another short one (ten episodes in the season? WTF?)

Dutch will be getting more lovin' from the ladies than he can handle. (Looks like he won't have to go home and strangle the ca... er, choke the chicken anymore.)

Looking forward to Season 6b

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree with you. On another forum I mentioned that the second to last episode would have been a ten times better place to end this half of the season. Then the last episode could have been the first of season 7. It was a complete set up episode and in 6-8 months we are all going to be" what happened again?"

This season and the last season were planned as a 6a-6b season from what I read from S. Ryan.

I think the Whitaker story ARC was resolved quick because of his schedule. He is probably getting a zillion roles after his Oscar win. So that maybe why it was rushed and really felt that way. Probably similar to Glenn Close. She was offered a permanent part and declined because she did not want to live in LA even though she loved the writing/actors and the show in general.

Funny how when Shane goes it alone he always becomes some else's bitch. As Mackey alluded to. Only this time there is no way Vic is going to save him from himself.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:56 PM

Dutch Wagenbach: who women go to once Vic Mackey has knocked them up.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Finale was a real let down. Don't really get what they were going for here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-07-2007, 09:08 PM

I think Ronnie told Vic that they found an Armenian cig in the sink as a clue that some how the Armenian's were involved.

Agree that the finale and IMO season 6 in general wasn't nearly as good as last year. My wife really missed Lem.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Hyatt thing was a quick turnover

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that the guy who plays Hyatt got his own show, and thus had to be written out quickly.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:55 PM

Out of the entire series, I have to say this season and 3 were the worst.

They definately tried to cram too much into this season with too little resolution. The whole Kavanaugh thing ended abruptly and anti-climatically, just like the huge leverage with the Acevada pic.

The only thing I liked about this season is that they finally expanded on Ronnie's personality rather than just have him be the tech guy wallflower.

The whole season and nearly every plot twist just seemed really rushed and not very well thought out.