Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 11:15 AM

Default Meeting people in a big city.

I recently moved to London. And I don't really know anyone here. I have a few people which I've met a handfull of times at football games, I'm an Arsenal fan and know these people from an internet community. But this thread wasn't really supposed to be about me.

More about the general situation. I have moved to new places without knowing anyone before. But that is back when I was a student, or was working for the summer. Meeting people and making new friends really came without any effort then, the uni setting makes it almost impossible to not meet tons of people with similar interests as you. Now I'm playing poker fulltime though, and therefore miss out on the obvious meetingplace that is a workplace. So what are some good ways to meet people? To make friends basicly, need some mates to have a few pints with, go to concerts, out clubbing, etc. Not talking about tips on how to get laid here, just how to make some new friends.

I am an only child and have always been comfortable with spending a lot of time in my own company. This coupled with the fact that I "work" in front of a computer at home means I need a kick in the butt to go out and meet some new people. What say you EDF? Where should I start?
Old 05-29-2007, 11:31 AM

Default Re: Meeting people in a big city.

Previous Thread
Old 05-29-2007, 11:40 AM

Woo. Close this down then. Was planning on making this thread a couple a months ago, and didn't check if anyone had made it for me in the meantime.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:41 AM

I think it's personality dependant. What kind of things do you like to do for fun? What kind of people do you enjoy spending time with?
Closed Thread