Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2007, 04:33 AM

Default 3/5 NL Live... AA facing a bet and raise on scary flop

Great action table. Villain 1 is a total donkey and starts with 200. Villain 2 seems pretty reasonable although he just got his QQ allin pre against AA and AA when it was very obvious he was beat. He only called the raise preflop with his QQ instead of reraising fwiw. He starts the hand with 630. I have just lost a hand to his QQ when someone raised, he called and i reraised with AK, the other villian called and he called and the flop was all rags and his QQ ended up winning. It could appear to the table that I might be on tilt, and I try to make it look like this but I'm not sure if anyone is really noticing... on to the hand...

Both villains limp as does one other player i raise to 35 in the co with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and all three players call. The flop is: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Villain 1 leads out for 40 and then villain 2 says that he was going to check but is now going to raise and makes it 200. The other player in the hand thinks about it forever and shows his cards to another player who says something along the lines of "wow I would have never folded that" which makes me almost positive that he folded some sort of pair + flush draw combo. Villain 2 seems pretty comfortable with his hand... is this an overpair enough of the time for me to play here or do sets make up too much of his range. Is this a turbomuck, or if i play should I coldcall or shove... I really thought this was a tough spot. Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:47 AM

Default Re: 3/5 NL Live... AA facing a bet and raise on scary flop

fold, i can't see him doing this with anything you are significantly ahead of
Old 05-13-2007, 01:55 PM

bump for more replies
Old 05-13-2007, 03:15 PM

I probably muck as well. Though at this table I would make the preflop raise to something like $45 since these types call way too loosely live.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:25 AM

Yeah, I was SO CLOSE to folding several times, but I pushed and he showed me 66. I'm so [censored] dumb, I should have known this was an instafold.