Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2007, 10:31 PM

Default 5/10 wynn

I rarely play full ring or live, so help me out here....

9 handed 5/10, utg limps, I make it 50 from utg+1 with red AA, button cold calls, sb calls, bb calls, utg calls, 5 to the flop (250)....

flop comes 345, 2 spades, checked to me... fiest question, check or bet

reads:
utg: he seems to be fairly taggish, may be steaming a little from having a set cracked by a gutshot, but he's certainly not on monkey tilt.

button is solid, a bit on the aggro side,

bb is solid, capable of a move

I'm viewed as pretty standard tag so far for anybody paying attention.

we'll go step by step, bet or check, why?

edit: I have $1200, everyone else is about 200bb deep or deeper
Old 03-01-2007, 10:32 PM

Default Re: 5/10 wynn

part 2: I checked, button checked...

turn is an offsuit 8, sb bets out 200 into the 250 pot, bb folds, utg calls, up to me.... who's calling, who's folding (anybody raising?)
Old 03-01-2007, 10:41 PM

I think a bet is pretty clearly the best play on this flop. You can certainly get value from weaker hands and there are plenty of cards that are going to either complete draws or kill the action on the turn. I wouldn't even consider checking here unless I had an ultraLAG behind me and I was sure I'd be able to raise (but you don't have this here).
Old 03-01-2007, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

turn is an offsuit 8, sb bets out 200 into the 250 pot, bb folds, utg calls, up to me.... who's calling, who's folding (anybody raising?)

[/ QUOTE ]

What happened to the other 2 people in the pot? I'm assuming everyone checked it through.

Under-repping your hand like this on the flop makes for some difficult decisions for you later in the hand. I don't really know what I would do on this turn once I checked through on the flop. I'm certainly not folding, but there are some big downsides to raising and calling.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a bet is pretty clearly the best play on this flop. You can certainly get value from weaker hands and there are plenty of cards that are going to either complete draws or kill the action on the turn. I wouldn't even consider checking here unless I had an ultraLAG behind me and I was sure I'd be able to raise (but you don't have this here).

[/ QUOTE ]

so do u like a bet/cal or a bet/fold here on the flop, I don't think I'm ever in good shape if I get c/r'd here, I'm best case a coinflip, do u disagree? I dont know what the best play is here, this was my thought process @ the time though.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What happened to the other 2 people in the pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

sry for not making the post clearer, the first post said it had been checked to me, the 2nd post said that I checked and the button checked behind, I should have reposted the whole hand.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so do u like a bet/cal or a bet/fold here on the flop, I don't think I'm ever in good shape if I get c/r'd here, I'm best case a coinflip, do u disagree? I dont know what the best play is here, this was my thought process @ the time though.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is entirely opponent/situation/game flow dependent. Aggressive opponents might be c/ring much worse than 2 pair or a set (hands such as draws, 1 pair, and overpairs). I can't really tell you then answer to this since there are a lot of factors other than the strength of my hand that would determine my play. In some games against some players I would never dream of calling a checkraise. In other games against other opponents I would stack off in a second.

I know this is sort of a useless answer, but as always, it depends.