Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2006, 09:25 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt Downgrade?

[ QUOTE ]
This is heinous. I mean, site-switching awful.

[/ QUOTE ]

so switch and quit bitching. or you can just stfu and realize that they really are trying to improve things over there for everyone.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:10 PM

Software is MUCH slower for me after the upgrade. I had no lag problems at all before.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:54 PM

If the custom tab was actually causing lag, it was 100% the fault of the original programmers' ignorance.

Sorting the information (in any way, including omitting limits) you get from the full hold 'em table list should be a 100% client side action, having zero negative effect on server load. If anything this should have the effect of lowering server load because you get the list less tables to constantly update if you have the lobby up monitoring your custom table list.

Something doesn't add up here (ie: this was not the reason the custom tab was removed), or FTP should start hiring programmers who have some common sense.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the custom tab was actually causing lag, it was 100% the fault of the original programmers' ignorance.

Sorting the information (in any way, including omitting limits) you get from the full hold 'em table list should be a 100% client side action, having zero negative effect on server load. If anything this should have the effect of lowering server load because you get the list less tables to constantly update if you have the lobby up monitoring your custom table list.

Something doesn't add up here (ie: this was not the reason the custom tab was removed), or FTP should start hiring programmers who have some common sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 10-18-2006, 06:05 AM

F Full tilt I just cashed out
Old 10-18-2006, 08:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously the extra traffic is causing a problem. I am willing to put up with some monor inconvenience in order to prevent more serious disruptions in service. I trust they are working on upgrading their network to handle more traffic and will continue to improve their software.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:52 PM

Location: Downswing? No, playing bad. No, I\'m sure its just a downswing.

It sounds to me like an object that drove/was driven by the filters was not put into the library upgrading the additional servers. They prolly had to take that piece out in order to get the servers back up and running.

If they had tested this in a test server before implementing they would have identified the problem ahead of time. A quick look at their careers page has 3 QA jobs open. I guess it was a quick "pass" and implementation.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:15 PM

I sent them an email and here was their reply:
[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for your email.

A recent update to our poker client was performed to better handle the tremendous growth Full Tilt Poker has experienced recently. As you may know, more players are choosing Full Tilt Poker than ever, and we had to make some changes to the client to accommodate this sudden increase in traffic.

One of the changes we had to make was to remove the "Custom" tab from the client in order to reduce the lag that some of our players were experiencing. While these changes have been made to address the lag in game play, you may experience a slight delay when displaying various tabs in the lobby.

You can be sure that we take all of your feedback to heart, and that our IT team will be working to reinstate this feature as soon as possible.

We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have the Custom tab back soon. In the meantime, you can still find your desired games and tournaments by clicking and sorting using the column headers in the lobby.

Regards,

Taira
Full Tilt Poker Support

[/ QUOTE ]