Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2007, 04:06 PM

Default nl50 AQs whiff vs. fish.

villain is 32/13/1 with an fcb of 30%

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $27.85
BB: $49.20
Hero (UTG): $50.00
BTN: $38.15

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $1.75, BB folds

Flop: ($4.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3.25</font>, SB calls $3.25

Turn: ($11) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($11) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $6.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $17.00</font>

Pot Size: $34.50

reasonable, or bad? this guy isn't terrible or anything, but i'm pretty sure he's not smart enough to reconstruct the hand and figure out what i'm doing. i figure i will get called by decent hands and fold out the rest.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:12 PM

Default Re: nl50 AQs whiff vs. fish.

looks like spew to me
bet turn &gt; raise river
Old 09-29-2007, 04:14 PM

Need to know he can lay down hands. If he's going to snapcall with QT here or w/e this is terrible. I like that the board is paired since it's a card he almost certainly does not have. I'd just bet the turn with this many outs, he could also be on a draw or fold his underpair now.

The problem is the Jack completes a lot of draws he had, including a bunch to make a pair of Jacks. He's not folding these and looks like he's just value betting. I think your move is fine but this sitaution does not seem ideal. I'd just fold.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:26 PM

yeah, i have no problem with betting the turn. i just think its one of those things you can do either way, and i'll usually check a draw behind on the turn and take my card after getting called on the flop. in this case, betting the turn probably had a lot more value than usual though, sicne i could well be ahead with my AQhigh.

the annoying thing (well, not that annoying) about a lot of bad players is that they don't have much understanding of value, so instead of trying to show down weak and marginal hands, when it should be easy, they think "holy sn@pz my pair of 7s is good! time to bet!" it makes it hard to put them on hands at times, and it sucks when you call a retardedly thing value bet when you could have raised someone off easily.

i wouldn't have posted this if i had been called by a QT. the tanked and then folded, so i really have no idea how good his hand was. i dunno how often someone is folding Tx there. for all i know he also had an ace high, but i was thinking more like middle pair/small pocket a good ammount of the time when i made the raise.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:35 PM

I've got a feeling I don't do this enough, even against quite bad players.