Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 06:36 PM

Default Beat: madden 07 put me on life tilt

i used to play NFL 2k5 and madden 06 and i was decent at it and i can hold my own most of the time,

i just borrowed madden 07 last night from a friend and played it on 360 live and i got owned like crazy...

not to mention i just cannot stop kansas city's RUN period

and half the people play 4 downs and always get that hail mary,

do the balla 2p2ers actually win at madden? or are you guys donks too?
Old 07-14-2007, 07:06 PM

Default Re: Beat: madden 07 put me on life tilt

[ QUOTE ]
i used to play NFL 2k5 and madden 06 and i was decent at it and i can hold my own most of the time,

i just borrowed madden 07 last night from a friend and played it on 360 live and i got owned like crazy...

not to mention i just cannot stop kansas city's RUN period

and half the people play 4 downs and always get that hail mary,

do the balla 2p2ers actually win at madden? or are you guys donks too?

[/ QUOTE ]

360 madden blows, they are supposely making 08 good on all systems though so thats good.

That being said on normal xbox version which is what I play (im not biased, even 360 owners admit that the version sucks) it is relatively easy to win far more than I lose.

KC's run game is insane.
Play action bombs, where you have a wr on each side going deep generally 1 will be open and you can get the 50 yarder. Do this 3 straight times and throw the ball away if it isnt there and you will be able to compete (but thats stupid and cheap, so they need to fix that).
Old 07-14-2007, 07:28 PM

I bought the 06 360 Madden and didn't like it all that much so I never bought the 07. I am hearing the 08 is supposed to be real nice, and the vids shown of it from e3 look sweet
Old 07-14-2007, 10:42 PM

yeah i've seen a lot of stuff for madden 08, and it's amazing,

but as far as 07 is concerned? anyone actually good at this game and wanna teach me? lol
Old 07-15-2007, 12:43 PM

I'll believe it when I see it. Every year the folks at EA say this year's Madden is going to be groundbreaking when it's pretty much the same game as the year before.

I'm looking forward to All-Pro Football by 2K Sports, which is coming out tomorrow [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2007, 12:49 PM

Im sooooooooooo glad 2k Sports is making another football game, I freaking loved their last one.

EA has a monopoly and they can keep making [censored] games and selling them like crazy as long as theres no competition.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im sooooooooooo glad 2k Sports is making another football game, I freaking loved their last one.

EA has a monopoly and they can keep making [censored] games and selling them like crazy as long as theres no competition.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah. It seems that there is just not a lot of innovation in sports games today, the age of EA. I wish more companies would get involved in making sports games to increase competition. R* made table tennis -- why can't they make football or baseball? That would be awesome. (I guess they are owned by the same company as 2k, but I'm just kinda brainstorming here.)
Old 07-15-2007, 05:46 PM

It also sucks that EA owns the NFL liscence which severely hinders a lot of companies from developing.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:19 PM

Heres madden 07 summed up on All-Pro (im really good, but at the normal xbox version, might not work for 360).

1) Play action is really good but make sure to keep extra people around for pass blocking.
2) Fast TE's are really good for quick routes, and elite recieving TE's are more or less uncoverable.
3) When running the ball its better to have your wr's go out on passing routes (flys) than to try and block. Most of the time the Corner will bite and will be taken 20+ yds out of the game.
4) When running the ball its best to use alot of TE's and FB's (Good blockers, bunched together, not crappy wr's who cant block worth [censored]).
5) When passing you dont need 5 wr sets, you just need a couple routes that work and more time to pass > more wr's running routes.
6) The best pass route is the flag route (aka straight, than 45degree cut to the sidelines). The normal out is also good but has less big play abilitiy.
7) The better your OLine the more viable counters, and other forms of delayed running plays become. SD running formation that looks like:

x--xxxxxx
-----x----x
-------x
-----x

and the use of counters, lots of guards pulling, etc not just run straight ahead, works extremely well w/ KC but sucks w/ a bad OLine.

thats all for now gotta go shower.