Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2006, 09:42 PM

Default Ask Imitation about 2years in China

I've done alot here, studied, played poker, modeled, taught a class of English, done coke with Africans, massage parlors, travelled though only a little.

I'm now finishing my 3rd semester of studying Chinese and will be going home for a year in Febuary to graduate from my undergraduate degree in Australia, after which I'll come back here and look for work or perhaps look to starting something of my own or working with my family who already has some established business in China.

Ask away.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:48 PM

Default Re: Ask Imitation about 2years in China

Straight to business, how hard is it for an English guy to pick up some cute Chinese pussy? Not a hooker.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:49 PM

I did 2 years as well...so your questions may even get multiple answers.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:04 PM

Not very hard, the bar scene is quite easy, most guys here have girlfriends. Like anywhere confidence makes a difference though you can get any of the normal bar skanks who hop around from foreigner to foreigner easily enough. Once you know some Chinese it becomes much easier to get really hot girls.

It helps to be tall also, i'm 6'3" and that's helped me to get some model tail.

One other thing i've noted is that many recently arrived foreigners and even some who've been here a while have terrible taste in Chinese girls, they think they're with top shelf but Chinese people and myself also just laugh at them cause they're really with some trash.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:12 PM

Which Chinese city you had fun in?

Nung chu na ni bashir? (Shanghai Chinese)
Ni chu na ni wan? (Beijing Mandarin)
Nay hai been toi wan? (Guangdong Cantonese)

Gotta know where you were first you know? China's a big country.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:20 PM

"they think they're with top shelf but Chinese people and myself also just laugh at them cause they're really with some trash. "

ive heard people say similar things, but i never really understood it...lots of asians say that white guys have terrible taste in asian girls...do you mean that white guys choose to pickup on girls they think are hot, but are mediocre? or that white guys end up with hoes that they think are just girls at bars?
Old 12-19-2006, 10:20 PM

Guangzhou City in Guangdong Province, but I studied, Mandarin (Putonghua), which is ofcourse the national language, I speak a very small amount of Guangzhouhua (basically HongKong Cantonese). I can also speak a little bit of my girlfriends home dialect with is Hunanese.

Yes as you've eluded to China has a whole host of different languages or dialects, some are close to Mandarin and whilst all can be read with the same Chinese Characters some are so different that I couldn't even guess what people are saying most of the time and a Chinese from another part of the country wouldn't know also. This is the case with Cantonese.

Learning some of the local dialect if you do come to stay in China for a little is also an awesome way to get local girls, just enough to say you are pretty, etc. Plus all the locals will swear using the local dialect so it's also good to learn those words. In Cantonese they constantly talk about the [censored] your old mother.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:22 PM

How was the food/chicks?
Old 12-19-2006, 10:24 PM

- I have heard Xian is now more of a urban sprawl shanty town than it was when i visited nearly 5 years ago. Is it?

- I'd like to learn Mandarin whilst teaching an English course over there next year. Questions:

1) which city, if any, would you commend to someone planning on spending a year there? The city should have plenty to keep me there, but also have decent transport links to other places.

2) Do people mostly speak Cantonese in Shanghai - i.e., would i be able to learn/would it be useful to learn Mandarin if I was there?

3) what standard of english was your class before you started teaching? what age range/educational background? Do you have any tips, recollections or advice to those, like me, who wish to teach an English class in China? Any hard-earned lessons, or things which aided teaching. Isn't it tough for someone raised in a culture of ideographical language to grasp alphabetical/semantic constructs?

That's all for now, more when i think of more!

Thanks,
Pete
Old 12-19-2006, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"they think they're with top shelf but Chinese people and myself also just laugh at them cause they're really with some trash. "

ive heard people say similar things, but i never really understood it...lots of asians say that white guys have terrible taste in asian girls...do you mean that white guys choose to pickup on girls they think are hot, but are mediocre? or that white guys end up with hoes that they think are just girls at bars?

[/ QUOTE ]

They mean that white guys generally don't know how to pick the good ones from the ugly ones. My roommate is constantly bringing home trashy girls but he says he doesn't know because the bodies are all fundamentally sound (there are very few fat girls here). I consider myself pretty good judge and most Chinese people agree with my taste, and I agree with Chinese people that generally Korean and Japanese girls are the hottest. I think Thai girls are pretty skank for the best part.

There are also certain provinces in China which are renowned for beautiful women and some particular cities.