Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 11:50 PM

Default Re: Official Stars Regulars Thread *DELETED*

poker is easy SC is hard
Old 08-22-2007, 05:57 AM

los torros, your Data is pretty far off...I was on a breakeven streak (getting probably the worst luck I've gotten in my entire life) for the first 2 weeks of August, and I rarely played the month before, but the past 2 weeks I'm up a significant ammount. So, if data showing me at breakeven for 2 weeks means I'm not a winner, then okay, you know a lot about poker.

Leatherass, you probably do make more than I do, especially this year, since I've rarely played, and every time I've sat down, you've been playing, so considering you're solid and play at least 4x more than I do, I wouldn't be surprised at all for you to have made 600k by the end of the year or at least close to it, to be honest. Furthermore, you said "one of the biggest winners", and not "the biggest winner"...I am almost positive from the players I've seen that I am one of the biggest winners at 3/6 full ring, and possibly at 5/10 also.

And to WPR, I don't have pokertracker, but I do have taxes that I file+money in my bank account, and since poker is my full time job, I assure you I do well for myself. Just because I've been running horribly this month (although I recently rebounded and made it all back and then some), and because you've gotten incredibly lucky, does not make you better than I am. And, as for me creating the account to respond, I don't read this forums regularly, but a friend told me you were talking crap about me, so I decided to respond.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:22 AM

I didn't really mean Starcraft specifically; substitute John Madden Football or play money poker if you want.

I just mean that there is really no reason (with normal video games) to not recreationally play a more skilled opponent (pride aside), you lose nothing, you may enjoy yourself, and you could improve.

In poker however, lets say theoretically that I have some .001% edge on AEjones, or vice versa, or that I'm not certain of my edge, but I'm positive that its close, there are many reason's not to play him HU.

Mainly that some people play poker for a living (and may also have a dependent(s)), and simply seek the highest hourly they can make.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:12 AM

Hello,

I am only about 25,000 hands in to my attempt at beating the 2/4 at Stars.

So far some solid regulars I have seen are Bouge_Todd, Wader, Paulus_Rus, Weak Tite, deedub416 and bluexcr. I dont have enough hands on any of them to know for sure.

The only I guy have really been leaving tables for is Curtains. He plays a short stack very solid, and I dont like having him on my left at all. He plays a fold or shove, pushbotty style.

Peace,

KennyBanya
Old 08-22-2007, 11:27 AM

lol @ leaving the table because of a shortstacker.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:09 PM

Wow I can't believe almost all of you actually believe leatherass made 600k this year.

I thought you were all good poker players, I guess you all suck because you clearly can't read a lie such as leatherass's when it is so [censored] obvious. You should be able to logically figure out, that if leatherass actually made 600k like he claimed, he would have posted a graph by now to shut me and others up who have said there is no way in hell he made 600k.

However he didn't post a graph and even responded in this thread multiple times after being asked to post a graph, so it should be very [censored] obvious he hasn't made 600k. To be honest, he would be lucky if he made even 300k even with him playing 12+ hours a day because he is not that good at poker.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To be honest, he would be lucky if he made even 300k even with him playing 12+ hours a day because he is not that good at poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Mwahaa he really think playing shortstack is poker ?? i mean always push with small stack preflop (buyin short and build you stack properly isn't the same thing for me..) [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2007, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To be honest, he would be lucky if he made even 300k even with him playing 12+ hours a day because he is not that good at poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Mwahaa he really think playing shortstack is poker ?? i mean always push with small stack preflop (buyin short and build you stack properly isn't the same thing for me..) [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've only seen him play shortstack on 25/50. Gotta love how when leatherass was called out to show his winnings on a graph he ran away like a girl. (PS: He has posted on other threads after he ran away so it's clear that he is still posting on 2+2 and not on vacation for example).
Old 08-22-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow I can't believe almost all of you actually believe leatherass made 600k this year.

I thought you were all good poker players, I guess you all suck because you clearly can't read a lie such as leatherass's when it is so [censored] obvious. You should be able to logically figure out, that if leatherass actually made 600k like he claimed, he would have posted a graph by now to shut me and others up who have said there is no way in hell he made 600k.

However he didn't post a graph and even responded in this thread multiple times after being asked to post a graph, so it should be very [censored] obvious he hasn't made 600k. To be honest, he would be lucky if he made even 300k even with him playing 12+ hours a day because he is not that good at poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you keep bugging him about the graph, if he wanted to post it he obviously would have. The reason that most of us believe him is that we know how much we've made and we know how many hands we've played @ what stakes. We can do some really fancy arithmetic and figure out that it's definitely possible, and I'd go as far as to say very probable that he's telling the truth.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:00 PM

they guy who said heybude is bad is wronggg. I respect his game