Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 07:52 PM

Default Re: 87s turn move vs 2+2er and tilting LAG

I just call and pray the SB doesn't c/r behind me.

I think you are losing to the SB, and he probalby won't fold AA here, and you might be ahead of the CO. And I really don't want to pay 3bets when I can pay 1 to see the river.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:21 PM

Efficacy, Not 3betting the flop is a large mistake. In a pot this size you cannot let the tag draw profitably against you with his overcards.

We all make errors in judgement when playing poker cuz we cant see our opponents cards. We do the best we can with the imperfect informaion we have. But one thing we should all not tolerate in our games is what I call fundamental errors. Through study and hardwork, we should be able to eradicate ourselves from all these type of errors. Not 3betting the flop in this particular situation is a perfect example of a fundamental error.

About the turn: This pot is very large. We all know that the SB has a better hand than you. Despite the action, there also appears to be a decent chance that we have the CO beat. Given that we have to call the turn, I know this much, if there is ever a time to raise the turn to try to force an overpair out, this is it.

I personally wouldve raised the turn and went for it. Im not expecting the SB to fold very often, but he doesnt have to fold often for this play to be a total coup. Given the large pot size, I think the rewards outweigh the risks of this play. Can I prove this? Absolutely not. But I know one thing, I wouldnt need to speculate afterwards on whether the SB would fold an overpair here or not becuz I would put him to the test and find out the old fashioned way.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:33 PM

1 more one liner for oink:

[ QUOTE ]
given the description of the tilting LAG I would pop TT+ behind if Efficacy just calls this turn

[/ QUOTE ]

100% agree on this on. I think sb will raise every hand he wants to show down, IF hero just calls.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:45 PM

I don't understand why you would coldcall the flop with a hand like this. I would 3-bet in hopes of driving SB's overcards out of the pot.

Even if it doesn't work I may still be better off for having asserted myself. Forcing SB to give an honest assessment of his hand will make it much easier to make the right decision later on. By just calling I encourage my opponents to overplay weak hands, leaving me to wonder whether I should believe them.

This hand is a good example of the interrelatedness of the different streets. Having misplayed the flop you face an insoluble problem on the turn. Hero's raise represents a set which could easily convince SB to lay down an overpair. You may also buy a free showdown for when your draw busts. But the raise will be extremely expensive if you get 3-bet by a monster especially since your outs are fairly unsound. You just don't know.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:52 PM

real bad here, calling 4SB with just TPNK vs 2 guys going crazy, it might be decent against 2 huge LAGs but not with a good 2+2er raising in there also. I let this go on flop when its 2 bets to me actually, your implied hands arent good to go deeper in the pot
Old 11-14-2007, 11:15 PM

dude sb will bet any hand he capped with in this spot. AA or AT and co could have any 2 cards, if he indeed is tilting