Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2007, 12:22 PM

Default Re: 1 - 5 stud variance question

10/20 sounds like a big jump, to me. I could afford to play with $500 - but not rebuy. Is 25 big bets really enough? I don't know - but it sounds light to me. Maybe it's just being nervous at the thought of those stakes. Although I do need to move up at some point.

I haven't looked at how many higher limit tables are in play. I was just looking for low limit games. So I stand corrected on that. Thanks.

Lee
Old 09-27-2007, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You may not play as well towards the end of a long session as you do at the beginning of one. I've found that to be the case for myself lately. If AC is a long drive for you, short sessions may not seem attractive, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good point, Andy, and one that I've been wondering about. I don't FEEL any different after 4 hours, or 6, or 8 - but that is subjective of course, and could be easily wrong. It's a little over an hour from Philly - so I'ld like to play more than just 4 hours or so. But maybe that's my limit for good play.

Lee
Old 09-27-2007, 12:32 PM

Thanks for the good advise. I certainly don't exercise enough. I know better - and need to do more. What you say about getting up and walking around is good. That's what the Boardwalk is for, isn't it? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'll try that the next time I go.

Lee
Old 09-27-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see many fish playing stud anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you're saying, but I personally had to laugh at that one. Come to Borg or Taj sometime lol. CM, have you played 10-20 stud at Taj? It's very soft - as is 20-40 (and often higher limits as well, though the games play differently). In fact, I'm fairly sure that 10-20 at Taj is softer than 5-10.
Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you're right. I guess I meant the number of fish playing 1/5, 5/10, or 10/20 stud is much <<< 1/2 NL or other LLHE games. There sure are some lousy stud players in AC though.

With that being said, I haven't played 10/20 stud at the Taj in about two years. I can handle the bankroll, but I just thought that it was tight, and had a few decent players. I'll have to give it a try again on a Fri. night/Sat. I usually end up having to play during the week, which is tough for stud games (i.e., old timers on bus trips). I used to like the 10/20/30 stud game at the Trop, but that hasn't gone off since 2005 or so.

Ever see a 10/20 game at Borgata ? Every time I've played at the Borg I've seen names on the list for 5/10 & 10/20, but never saw an actual game get off there. I guess I'll have to give that dream up someday (seeing 5/10 or 10/20 stud at Borgata)....