Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2007, 07:44 PM

Default Re: Brandi: Why does she bother?

Your desire to be impartial is admirable, Katy, but most of the folks responding here are saying that you've probably chosen the wrong subject.

I really think you are falling into the trap you yourself are here criticizing "men" as a whole sex for falling into when you label those responders en masse as incapable of being fair or making distinctions of any real granularity.

What they are saying is that it is YOU who is not making the fine distinctions necessary to judge the subject. There is a difference between what Brandi is merely accused of, and what she has admitted directly. This is a subject the guys have been clearer and more forthcoming on than it sounds like you have, so it is unfair not to give them credit for that.

In short, I think you have taken a fairly concrete matter and muddied it up by turning it inappropriately into a kind of gender-war thing. This is not to say some of the guys haven't been sloppy too, but it's just incorrect to say they all have, or that "that's what guys do" or the like. You seem to have personalized and sexualized the argument inappropriately, which ironically is exactly what you're accusing "men," as if they were some sort of monolothic block, of doing.

We don't all necessarily think along such convenient lines. We're more complicated than that, just like you are.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I mean if we're going to start pointing fingers and calling people psychological terms, probably 70% of us have some kind of disorder.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only 70%? Even before psychologists started branding every form of human behavior as a disease or condition, I'd say this was extremely low. I don't think I've met many people in my whole life who didn't have something a little or a lot off about them immediately noticeable or else noticeable after very little observation. All of us are screwy; some are just more beset with screwiness than others, and some might handle it better. But there's little chance of avoiding anybody's quirks and problems, or even our own.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:08 PM

Well I was going to say 80% but that sounded so dramatic. So I rounded it down.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:21 PM

Perhaps you are right, Blarg. But it does seem to me that a lot of guys on the forum read the same threads I read and we have different takes on them. I'm not saying Brandi is an innocent girl, as in so innocent we need to protect her. Get serious. But she's not evil either. People have vilified her and in my mind they are wrong. I was wondering why she would pop in and respond to the mean posts that I've seen in NVG. I can only guess it's because she wants to set the record straight but it got me wondering why it wasn't working. Guys on these forums seem pretty willing to assume the worst and then to take the ball and run with it.

Chump Change wrote this -

[ QUOTE ]
Vitriol is the best description I can think of as well, and while I don't want to over-simplify the situation I still chalk it up to most males being hateful and afraid of women and much less to do brandi's 'incredible wrongdoing.'

[/ QUOTE ]

So evidently I'm not the only one who thinks there's been an overreaction. Also, there have been a few people in the different threads who have said that newhizzle has only himself to blame and newhizzle himself has stated that she did not steal from him.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:27 PM

She could not respond, not start any more threads and in three months she'd be forgotten. She stays on the board because she's an attention whore, plain and simple. She's like a little kid who acts out to get some attention from his parents. Negative attention is better than no attention at all.

I don't know if she has a personality disorder. I'm certain she's an attention whore.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She accused Captain Tom of [deleted]. It was the start of the most famous thread in poker history.
After she asked Mark (she pissed away 40K of his) if he would [deleted], and finally [deleted] because she felt sorry for him, most 2+2 members began to realise she was not what she appeared to be, and that her pretty harsh accusation of Tom [deleted] had to be seen from quite a different angle.
To put it simple; the accusation was made because she was broke and needed money.
Before her post she had gone with this story to Doyle who lend her 2000 dollars.
In to weeks time the money was spend and she called Doyle if she could help him, he replied that Tom had told him quite a different story and that there was nothing he could do for her.
There was a lot of speculation going on in that thread how many of the fools on 2+2 had send her money in reaction to her post.

Above mentioned is like the tip of a gruesome iceberg.
I don't know Brandi in person, but just like many others I think not only that she is delusional, but also dangerous.
When she cut her vaines in Marks hotelrooms bathroom to kill herself 'slightly', Marks stated that she wrote in the mirror in her own blood:"One day I'll fly!"

Off all of the mentioned above this "One day I'll fly!" in blood, still remains uncertain because it's the only thing that Brandi herself didn't confirm but denies.

Because I have no life, I can't wait for the sequel to come out; it will probably be hosted by Neverwin, because $klan$ky will star in it and he will remove the thread in 2+2.

I hope this post can answer your question way so many of the guys don't like her and are rude to her.
I myself have never been rude to her, never will, but I have severall pretty rich pokerfriends and I wil continue to warn them about her evil ways.

[/ QUOTE ]

Katyseagull,

You have deleted the sexual action that Brandi accused Captain Tom of to have preformed on her against her will,
you have deleted the sexual favor she asked Mark to preform on her, and you have deleted the sexual favor Brandi stated she did preform on Mark.
These were all statements of Brandi herself made on the 2+2NVG forum, they where not deleted at that time by the moderator, it was there for everybody to read for several weeks.
You are defending the woman which statements you yourself have just deleted, maybe because you thought they where inappropriated, I don't know, but I do know that you have just deleted your own integrity.

Cheers!
Old 06-16-2007, 11:17 PM

This is a terrible thread.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:24 PM

thank you, odell. Just let it die then.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can't take credit for this diagnosis, someone else brought it up, but I'm pretty sure it fits.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histrio...ality_disorder

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, this description fits 1/2 the women that I know under the age of 25.

[ QUOTE ]
These individuals are lively, dramatic, enthusiastic, and flirtatious. They may be inappropriately sexually provocative, express strong emotions with an impressionistic style, and be easily influenced by others.

[/ QUOTE ]

hm. So you don't know her but you feel this is a good tag for her, huh. I would urge people to be careful when analyzing other people's personality flaws and slapping labels left and right. That kind of stuff gets on my nerves. I'd almost rather you call someone kooky or nutty than put a pretentious, made up psychological label on them because it has a way of sounding legitimate when it's all just speculation over a message board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aside from the diagnosis, I also stated that I don't believe that she's evil, perhaps a bit crazy, and I wouldn't mind hanging out with her to find out for myself.

I agree that in general the forum as a whole has been utterly brutal to Brandi, but most of the input I've paid attention to has been from her. So forgive me if her own admissions have lead me to make assupmtions.

As to the fact that 70% of the people here probably have personality disorders, you may be right. I certainly have my own issues, but I tend to keep my own laundry out of the forums, for my own lack of desire to be diagnosed.

I'm sorry if I offended.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:06 AM

Oh, and as to whether Brandi can recover her reputation, I'd say that is a no. Aside from the fact that the majority of NVGers are younger and enjoy this kind of drama, it's the same reason many people want to see Paris Hilton rot in jail. People like to watch the beautiful burn.

Keep in mind, most of the forum had no clue who Brandi was until she chose to drop drama bombs here. Her best bet would be to remain silent on the forums, show some class and humility in interviews. Will this help the forum forget her, no, they will never forget, but it can only help.

Edited to add:

Btw thanks for the contextual quote, you managed to take the one complimentary sentence out of that diagnosis, while completely ignoring the rest.

I'm not into forum wars, I'll concede. Katy you come across as possibly the most friendly person on 2+2, but I really think that your desire to defend a young "innocent" is perhaps clouding your view.