Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 08:44 PM

Default just tell me i suck

or tell me, "your winrate will be much higher by shoving this river in the long run"

villain is 44/12/.83 over 100 hands

i feel like i have a pretty good idea on his range given his action post flop which will be in blue

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BTN: $96
SB: $107.30
BB: $101.25
Hero (UTG): $127.20
MP: $200.60
CO: $115.60

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, MP folds, CO calls $3.50, 3 folds

Flop: ($8.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $6</font>, CO calls $6

<font color="blue"> villain snap calls this flop. imo he doesnt have 2 pair or a set because ive seen him play slow with super monster hands. he probably has a worse king, or maybe a darw like 34/78 </font>

Turn: ($20.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $15</font>, CO calls $15

<font color="blue"> no free cards to a draw and im gonna get value out of worse kings. if he has a king i think he has KJ or KQ and i dont think he has a baot because of how he acted on the flop with the snap call. VILLAIN SNAP CALLS THE TURN TOO </font>

River: ($50.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $20</font>, Hero calls $20

<font color="blue"> well im checking to get value from a missed draw. one of the cards hit for the king i think he has in this spot. he tanks it down then leads weak </font>

at this point im thinking like this, if i raise here i fold out 78 or 34 and i show no value here. if he has a boat with KQ i show no value here. KJ pays me off in this spot.

do we just shove here or should i trust my read and just call
Old 10-22-2007, 08:45 PM

Default Re: just tell me i suck

u suck
Old 10-22-2007, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
u suck

[/ QUOTE ]

qft
Old 10-22-2007, 08:46 PM

i'm weak tight, so i just call also. depending on the player, u might want to do something donkish like minraise and fold to a shove, but i'm not sure exactly.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:48 PM

Bet/call yo

And I'd bet every street a little bigger, 44/12/0.8.. If this guy was 44/12/1501950195 maybe I'd like a river check raise more.

Passive station = VALUEBET
Laggro monkey = Trap

If he has a high river AF, then yeah ok, check is fine but I think you've gotta check/raise, and I think you'll be pissed if he checks behind something stupid that would have called your river bet (because he's a station, of course I can't be sure he's a station since you didn't provide that many post flop numbers or history).
Old 10-22-2007, 08:49 PM

i like river crai because missed draws take stabs and Kx always bets so you can stack him.

wp until you flat call river. you get called by KQ, KJ, KT, K9s-K7s, and other random hands like A6, 88, etc sometimes.

----

i just read he's passive, i'd just bet the river $36 to extract value out of pp's and Kx... reluctantly calling a shove
Old 10-22-2007, 08:50 PM

im most concerned with the hand range that i get value from. fwiw he has folded to plenty of my pf raises (25/20) and weve only played 3 small pots so far. he liked to limp in alot giving him the high vpip. this is why if he actually has the case king im putting him on a small range of kings
Old 10-22-2007, 08:50 PM

I didn't quite understand all the blue stuff (i.e., you say he's not slow-playing a monster on the flop because he called [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]) , but this guy's stats make him seems like a huge CS fish, so just keep betting unless you have some sort of detailed read to the contrary. If he has you beat, such is life.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:52 PM

because he snapcalled. i tink with a set or 2 pair on the flop he tanks for a minute. it was such a quick call he could have had a call any box checked (but i dont think ftp has this) but thats how quick the calls were. this is why i put him on a weaker king, which hes not folding, or a oesd, which has no thought on a call on the flop
Old 10-22-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
because he snapcalled. i tink with a set or 2 pair on the flop he tanks for a minute. it was such a quick call he could have had a call any box checked (but i dont think ftp has this) but thats how quick the calls were. this is why i put him on a weaker king, which hes not folding, or a oesd, which has no thought on a call on the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

kinda off topic but when a fish is doing this, i pot or overpot the turn.