Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2007, 10:08 AM

Default Re: List of eWallets for Canadians (#2 of 2)

PROFILE: COMPLETE CREDIT/DEBIT CARD VERIFICATION
You have entered the incorrect amount. You must wait 24 hours before we will allow you to make another attempt. Our service department will be unable to assist you during this period.

Important:

Please check again on your statement for the exact amount in USD. If your credit/debit card issuer does not show the amount in USD, you cannot verify your card with Moneybookers. Do NOT try and guess the amount!

grr does this mean i cant verify my credit card at all
Old 05-09-2007, 10:59 AM

ok answered my own question using moneybookers email support:
In order to complete our credit card verification procedure, you should enter the correct verification amount debited from your credit card in the currency we requested it, namely in USD. Please check your credit card statement for the correct amount in USD or request this information from your bank. To complete the verification procedure you should enter the exact amount following the instructions. Please go to the “Profile” section of your account and click on "List of Credit/Debit cards">"Manage">"Verify". You should enter the amount in the verification field next to the name of your credit card. After that the verification procedure will be finished and you will be able to use your credit card and instruct further payments.

If you are unable to learn the correct verification amount from your credit card statement of from your bank, please send us a copy of your credit card statement, containing the verification transaction debited from Moneybookers.com, the name of the credit card holder, as well as part or the whole credit card number. Please note that only a copy of your PAPER credit card statement will be accepted. You could send it via our Messaging Centre in the "Contact" section of your Moneybookers account. In the Messaging Centre select "Account/Security", then click on "You have requested information and/or documents from me" and send the document with an email from there or to one of the fax numbers given below on the same page. As soon as we get the copy of your credit card statement, we will verify your credit card manually.

so in other words if i cant get the USD amount over the phone for credit card i have to wait a long time for paper statement [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

everytime something pisses me off i blame Neteller lol
Old 05-09-2007, 11:39 AM

I have finally uploaded funds to Moneybookers via Gamebookers thru the following process, which doesnt require that you own a credit card:
1/ Purchased "Visa" gift card from Safeway.
2/ Opened a www-card online visa account and funded it with the gift card.
3/ Deposited $20 into Gamebookers.
They will give you a locked bonus which you will have to clear before withdrawing.
4/Withdrew funds to Moneybookers after working off bonus.

Notes:
The withdrawal screen at Gamebookers only brings up Bank Transfer as an option, but Moneybookers appears as you proceed.
When you deposit $20 into Gamebookers they deduct an amount between $19 and $20 from your www-card. The cents portion of this deposit is required for verification and can be obtained from www-card support.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:49 AM

I just asked a check from MB, let's say how much time it's gonna take
Old 05-09-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I look forward to your trip report. Thanks.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine took three weeks or more. Can't remember exactly as it was 2 months ago. The check has a German bank name on it but the check is actually drawn from a bank in the U.S. and is in U.S. currency.

I'm Canadian and live in Canada.

I won't list specific details on the check. Hope that helps.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine took three weeks or more. Can't remember exactly as it was 2 months ago. The check has a German bank name on it but the check is actually drawn from a bank in the U.S. and is in U.S. currency.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm showing a $4.67 fee for a cheque...is that accurate?

Glad to hear it's in US $, not in Euros like C2P. Standard vig of a couple points at the bank, I assume? Any other weird bank fees?
Old 05-09-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm showing a $4.67 fee for a cheque...is that accurate?

Glad to hear it's in US $, not in Euros like C2P. Standard vig of a couple points at the bank, I assume? Any other weird bank fees?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Moneybookers cheque fee is around a few Euro or something, so you're probably right.

OK, don't laugh, but I actually haven't tried to deposit it yet. One of the first things I did when I opened up my Moneybookers account was do some tiny test withdrawals using bank wire and cheque. Just to see how long each would take. Of course the bank wire was faster. But I've still got the cheque on my table. It's only for a few dollars, so I never bothered to deposit it. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

My Moneybookers account is in U.S. currency so I wonder if that is why they sent me a cheque in U.S. currency from a U.S. bank. If my MB account was in Canadian currency, would the check be from a Canadian bank in Canadian currency? I don't know.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My Moneybookers account is in U.S. currency so I wonder if that is why they sent me a cheque in U.S. currency from a U.S. bank. If my MB account was in Canadian currency, would the check be from a Canadian bank in Canadian currency? I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]
Possibly, but I imagine then you'd get hit with currency exchange vig every time you moved money on and off the sites, so it wouldn't be worth it.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Possibly, but I imagine then you'd get hit with currency exchange vig every time you moved money on and off the sites, so it wouldn't be worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's why I opened a U.S. currency account. Now, if the U.S. dollar would only rise instead of fall...