Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2007, 03:08 PM

Default Re: EPT Monte Carlo Hand 1

bb is straightfoward and i think he has AK super often. co might peel once but i would probably double barrel him. i think this is a fairly easy bet i'm pretty surprised at responses. basically, if i'm calling this pf i'm going to need to win some pots UI because of the pf equity i'm giving up. this seems like a good time to go ahead and do that. fwiw i would flop pf almost always though because the bb's range has u fkn crushed. ya, 150bb deep etc etc, but i'd much rather call with 67s or 55.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:20 PM

Can I hit the check/fold button? Or is this real life where I have to pretend like I still have some interest in this hand?
Old 03-29-2007, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bb is straightfoward and i think he has AK super often. co might peel once but i would probably double barrel him. i think this is a fairly easy bet i'm pretty surprised at responses. basically, if i'm calling this pf i'm going to need to win some pots UI because of the pf equity i'm giving up. this seems like a good time to go ahead and do that. fwiw i would flop pf almost always though because the bb's range has u fkn crushed. ya, 150bb deep etc etc, but i'd much rather call with 67s or 55.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he has AK, there is a 1/3 chance he has K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] + 1/4 chance he has A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (being useless at maths I don't know what this means the chances of his AK having a diamond) The other guy is not folding if he has a high diamond in his hand and not folding any PP he's got this far with yet. We certainly have the worst hand at the moment and essentially we only have four outs. I think our opponents fold to one barrel <5% of the time.

While we don't have to make a hand to continue here and justify the pre-flop call, we couldn't miss by much more than we have and it's going to take two barrels to win the pot, on the relatively few occasions that the pot is in fact winnable.

I also think that lots of hands in their 'scared' range lead this flop so I think we're getting check-raised a lot. Of course, OR can have missed his black SCs entirely and RRer his black AK but that's a only a small part of two ranges.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:23 PM

noah,
when the hell did you statrt playing these stakes... come back to the blue room / barbour games
Old 03-29-2007, 04:44 PM

Noah,
you are either checking or running a big bluff, there is no inbetween. given that betting and getting called here leaves you with no idea as to what good bluffing cards are going forward. I'd decline to take a stab.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Noah,
you are either checking or running a big bluff, there is no inbetween. given that betting and getting called here leaves you with no idea as to what good bluffing cards are going forward. I'd decline to take a stab.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really need to get your title changed:

MLG
Thread Over.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:42 PM

God everyone is so bad in monte carlo... just check, and wait until you flop a hand better than top pair and you insta stack everyone.

unless they hit a 2 outer in a 600bb pot.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
noah,
when the hell did you start playing these stakes... i wanna play them too [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-30-2007, 07:57 AM

srsly noah, shoot me an IM/ e-mail when you get back.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:09 AM

haha

you [censored].... didn't even tell me you were going to play in it.

if you make 6th play or higher, you are flying out to visit me in shanghai... or flying me out to visit you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] you don't have a choice (oh wait you do but it would be really sweet) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

GL, and if you win you have to rep "the pine" haha i know you will