Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2007, 08:41 PM

Default Multi-Accounting at Party/Empire

No, this is not a post about ZJ.

I am frustrated by the 6-table limit imposed at Party & Empire. I have a pre-existing account with Party and a pre-existing account with Empire. Can I play both simultaneously without breaking any rules? (Obviously not on the same tournament, obviously not on the same table, obviously not on the same PC, obviously with no intention to defraud anyone, but merely wanting to play more than 6 tables at a time on the network).

Some relevant bits from the T&C:

From the PP terms and conditions:

[ QUOTE ]
...You accept to be bound by this contract by clicking on 'Submit' or 'I Agree'. After you click on 'Submit' or 'I Agree', a legally binding agreement on these terms and conditions is concluded between, (a) you, the end user ('you'), and (b) ElectraWorks (Alderney) Limited of York House, Victoria Street, Alderney GY9 3TA, a company registered in Alderney (registered number 1576) 'Company', 'we', 'us' or 'our'
4. TRUE IDENTITY AND ONE ACCOUNT
...You are prohibited from holding more than one (1) Account. If you have more than one (1) Account or Accounts in different names, then you must contact us immediately to have your Accounts managed so that you only have one (1) Account. Company reserves the right to close your Account(s) if you open multiple Accounts. Should Company have reasonable grounds to believe that multiple Accounts have been opened with the intention to defraud the company, Company reserves the right to cancel any transaction related to said fraud attempt...

[/ QUOTE ]

From the Empire Poker terms and conditions:

[ QUOTE ]
...Notification of these terms and conditions constitutes the making of an offer, which you accept by clicking on 'Submit' or 'I Agree'. When acceptance reaches us (as defined below), a legally binding agreement on these terms and conditions is concluded between, (a) you, the end user, and (b) Adventerex Enterprises Limited, a Gibraltar company, of 57/63, Line Wall Road, Gibraltar under number 93313 ('Company', 'we', 'us' or 'our' as appropriate). The Company provides the services on EmpirePoker any other online platform provided by us ('Platforms') on which you access our services ('Services') using your Account (defined below).
5. True Identity and One Account
...You are prohibited from holding more than one Account. If you have more than one (1) Account or Accounts in different names, then you must contact us immediately to have your Accounts managed so that you only have one (1). If you have lost your Account name or password, please contact us for a replacement...

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-07-2007, 08:58 PM

Default Re: Multi-Accounting at Party/Empire

arent they on seperate networks now but same software? :-S
Old 01-07-2007, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
arent they on seperate networks now but same software? :-S

[/ QUOTE ]

no, they are all on the same networks. Empire is reported to have been bought by Party.

however, the T&Cs say they are different companies (and this is true). they both have the same parent companies.

Party have also recently bought some other sites (google it for more details) so this may be relevant to them too.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:59 PM

When their table limit was 4, they stated that it's fine to play on a Party account and an Empire account. Not sure if their policy is still the same but I don't see how it would matter, as long as you don't sit at the same tables with yourself. You should email them to find out for sure.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:16 AM

You can't open both Party and Empire at the same time like you could with the old 4-table limit... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I'm guessing using 2 PCs to play 6 tables on each would be too hard (2 mice & 2 keyboard would be horrible...), but I wondered if you could setup Radmin and a copy of Empire on a 2nd PC to allow 12-tabling again? (or possibly use a vmware machine).

If this did work, then I'm wondering if the Party software would be smart enough to make sure you didn't sit at the same table twice (like it would with the old 4-table limit). I would hope they check your IP and realize you were playing from the same location.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2007, 07:55 AM

Handsome's post is enough for me. I'm not intending on playing against myself (apart from anything else, I imagine it would be massively -EV anyway)

Currently, the biggest problem is finding enough tables running at the $55s, so switching in some $33s and $109s should do.

Using MTH is an absolute life saver (for lack of a better word) here.