Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2006, 04:10 AM

Default Beat: Tolling Company Lies to Me and Steals My Money

I moved interstate earlier this year, and enquired whether my electronic tolling device would cost me anything extra when using it interstate. I was told that it would not.

[ QUOTE ]

Wednesday, 4 October 2006

CityLink
Reply Paid 9935
Locked Bag 28
South Melbourne VIC 3205

Dear Citylink,

I wish to close my account (#xxxxxx) due to my unhappiness with your customer service representatives’ ignorance or deceitfulness. It is unclear to me whether your staff members deliberately lied to me or are merely inadequately trained. I welcome your clarification on this point.

Shortly after moving to NSW, I contacted your customer service department to ascertain whether any additional fees were levied on me for using a Citylink e-tag on a Sydney toll road. I was clearly told (to my surprise) that there were no additional fees for using a Citylink e-tag on a NSW toll road. Indeed, I distinctly remembered a comical conversation with a staff member of yours who suggested that the only reason I should convert to a NSW device was so that I would be on “their system” and that my phone calls would be routed to a call centre physically closer to my home address. As a direct consequence of this, I elected to maintain my Citylink account .

Subsequently, I received a bill which highlighted that I was being charged an additional 10% administration fee for using my Citylink e-tag on Sydney toll roads. This is directly contradictory to the claims of your staff member in my phone conversation with them.

Consequently, I wish to close my account. I look forward to receiving your clarification of whether your staff were inadequately trained or whether lying to your customers is a standard policy of your organisation.

Yours faithfully,

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-04-2006, 04:11 AM

Default Re: Beat: Tolling Company Lies to Me and Steals My Money

a toll is a toll
and a roll is a roll

and if we dont get no tolls
then we dont eat no rolls