Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 01:14 PM

Default incredibly unfortunate situation for me but funny if you read it

Ok, so I am signed up with this Temp Agency, and there is this sexy receptionist who is working there. So after I sign up with the temp agency and take some testing, they get me this temp job about a 1 hour drive from my house.

The first day I go in, the temp agency told me to bring my resume and be professionally dressed because I was going to be having an interview.

Of course there is a mis communication and the first day I go there, I just fill out an application and then I leave because the lady who does the interviews was not in that day. The 2nd day I go back professionally dressed and make a good impression on the lady when I interview with her. She tells me to come back tommorow for training. I look at what other people are wearing and I see a guy with a polo shirt and jeans. Little did I know it was casual friday.

So I come back to the job the next day wearing a polo shirt and jean shorts and sneakers. (by the way the parking did not have employee parking and they had meters so parking is always a bitch because it took like 25 minutes to get a space without a meter). I go into the interview ladys office and she tells me to go into the break room for a minute. She sends some guy in there and he tells me regrettably I can't work today because I am wearing jeans and sneakers.

Ironically as he says this, a guy wearing a long white tee, jeans and sneakers and a hat and a big chain walks right by me. The guy tells me I should go home and change and come back. I explain that it took me about an hour and 15 minutes to drive all the way over here and it would take me about 2 and a half hours to make it back changed. He tells me to not worry about it and come in and start my training tommorow. I say "that's fine" and leave the office peacefully even though I am pissed off I wasted a 3rd day now. So I am outside the building walking away and they are doing construction work adjacent to the building and this guy is working with a jack hammer, so I say to myself in a voice slightly louder than usual, "god [censored] damnit" because I am frustrated with wasting the whole day, and someone inside of the job must have heard me, because they called the temp agency who got me the job and told them that I said "F**k you" to someone, which was a total lie.

The worst part has not even happened yet. That day when I get home, I send the receptionist an e-mail asking her if she would like to get dinner sometime, and then maybe 10 or 11 minutes later I get a call from the temp agency about the "f**k you" accusation. I can only imagine what the receptionist is thinking about me right now.

Universe - 1 Me - 0.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:17 PM

Default Re: incredibly unfortunate situation for me but funny if you read it

lol @ jean shorts and e-hollering
Old 10-10-2007, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Universe - 1 Me - 0.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, it seems that this match was sudden death. Better luck next lifetime.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol @ jean shorts and e-hollering

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe me 9 times out of 10 I do it in person. I expected to recieve flack for this one. But I can't really go back inside the agency at this point -- It would be impossible to talk to her in person without having to talk to the other idiots in the office
Old 10-10-2007, 01:24 PM

1. jean shorts are not jeans

2. what type of a job?

3. you didn't think to ask?
Old 10-10-2007, 01:27 PM

What is wrong with you? You just assumed that the dress code was completely casual? You write an e-mail to the receptionist asking her out on a date? Just as some people make their own luck, you made your own misfortune every step of the way here.

a) better to be over dressed than under dressed the first day

b) never judge the attire of a company on a friday

c) jean shorts are nowhere near the same thing as jeans

Some people are good at life, some people suck at life. You sir are not the former.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:28 PM

There is a big difference between jeans and shorts.

How do you not ask specifically what the dress code is?

Good thing your first day wasn't the same day as their Halloween party.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. jean shorts are not jeans

2. what type of a job?

3. you didn't think to ask?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. it doesnt matter that they were jean shorts because if i was wearing jeans it would have been the exact same situation.

2. It is a telecommunications company who answers calls from people and helps them buy products online.

3. Of course I did not think to ask. Do u think I would be in this situation if I did? The guy who was going to be training me was wearing pretty much what I was wearing the day I came in for the training. They told me that all i would be doing is listening to training tapes, so I thought the dress code would not be an issue.