Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Choose what best describes your views on loaning money?
I was fooled by Air Americas hype of their success. 2 6.25%
I knew these guys were losers from day 1. 30 93.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-30-2007, 10:53 PM

Default Re: PokerTracker: The Next Generation (NEW SOFTWARE DISCUSSION)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
APerfect10,

Can you give us any insight as to how you will be able to construct a Buddylist and then get it into applications like Spade Eye etc? How much flexibility will there be with criteria etc. Have you guys looked at Spade Eye etc and made sure that the Buddylist you can create with PT3 is ULTRA easy and quick to load into add ons like SE, at the moment it's a pretty crude process given all the information that is at our disposal.

When you use the "import from DB" option on SE and you have a multi million hand DB the fish are in Alaska by the time you are in the water [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not our responsibility to conform to 3rd party software. They will need to make the necessary changes to adapt to us. With that said, the database is completely redesigned and they should not have a problem querying the database for this type of information.

Best regards,

APerfect10

[/ QUOTE ]

It's your problem to get us to buy it though [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] and that "fish list" in Holdem Manager which he is making quickly exportable is a pretty impressive feature regarding this problem. From my point of view if I'm waiting more than a couple of minutes as far as going from running a fish report to sitting next to them using PT3, then I'm buying HM.

[/ QUOTE ]

Queries in PT3 are being created by someone who KNOWS databases. They will be quick and efficient.

The database is designed well and 3rd party developers should have no problems adapting their software to use the new schema.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay I don't want to read through all these pages. Cliff notes as to the planned release date?

[/ QUOTE ]

We're hoping for before the end of the year.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The database is designed well and 3rd party developers should have no problems adapting their software to use the new schema.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally trivial request [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Please to be providing a generously commented schema for this new database structure?

Lord knows how much time I have wasted trying to figure out the meaning of certain columns in the PT2 schema [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Soooo looking forward to this [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

dave.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:27 AM

I just think that the ADVANCED tool in this whole thing is the large software (be it PT, HM, PO) or whatever, and not the tracking/buddy software. The sorting capabilities are best done by the larger software with the information at it's disposal and then transfered to tracking software as easily as possible (text file or whatever). Spade Eye for example has sorting by VPIP PFR and AGG factor and that's it, rediculous with the information on hand [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Just seems so easy for the bigger software to spit out a list of carefully selected names, and then you say to the tracking software "find them".
Old 08-31-2007, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally trivial request [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Please to be providing a generously commented schema for this new database structure?

Lord knows how much time I have wasted trying to figure out the meaning of certain columns in the PT2 schema [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Soooo looking forward to this [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

dave.

[/ QUOTE ]

Our naming conventions are pretty simple and self explanatory. I dont think you'll have this problem with the PT3 database schema. I do plan on documenting it completely though. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-AP10
Old 08-31-2007, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just think that the ADVANCED tool in this whole thing is the large software (be it PT, HM, PO) or whatever, and not the tracking/buddy software. The sorting capabilities are best done by the larger software with the information at it's disposal and then transfered to tracking software as easily as possible (text file or whatever). Spade Eye for example has sorting by VPIP PFR and AGG factor and that's it, rediculous with the information on hand [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Just seems so easy for the bigger software to spit out a list of carefully selected names, and then you say to the tracking software "find them".

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, I'm not that familiar with Spade Eye as I do not use it. I think I tried it once when they first launched but didnt find it useful for my needs. Anyways, I am not understanding the problem. The easiest way for third party software is to query the database where all of the information is located rather then be reliant on us generating some report for them. Maybe someone more familiar with SE can chime in or explain the problem to me...

Best regards,

APerfect10
Old 08-31-2007, 03:47 AM

It takes 10- 15 minutes for SE to generate a buddylist from the three criteria it uses (VPIP, PFR, AGG) from a decent size db for starters which is a pain in the ass when you have been datamining and want to play- compare that to the 5 seconds HM creates it's fish list for example and there is no comparison- plus the fact that there are many many good players that get caught up in the inadequate criteria that SE has, LAG's etc. No doubt that what you are saying is also a reasonable solution but SE simply doesn't have the criteria and it would seem that they aren't adding them any time soon- I'm getting frustrated with the overkill of having millions of observed hands and then table selecting with three lousy criteria. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2007, 04:58 AM

create a new way for agression freq to be calculated. currently a high AF just tells me a player doesnt call very often.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It takes 10- 15 minutes for SE to generate a buddylist from the three criteria it uses (VPIP, PFR, AGG) from a decent size db for starters which is a pain in the ass when you have been datamining and want to play- compare that to the 5 seconds HM creates it's fish list for example and there is no comparison- plus the fact that there are many many good players that get caught up in the inadequate criteria that SE has, LAG's etc. No doubt that what you are saying is also a reasonable solution but SE simply doesn't have the criteria and it would seem that they aren't adding them any time soon- I'm getting frustrated with the overkill of having millions of observed hands and then table selecting with three lousy criteria. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like poorly written software...I don't know what to tell you other then we'll strongly consider the idea of having some type of table selection built into PT3.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
create a new way for agression freq to be calculated. currently a high AF just tells me a player doesnt call very often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you looked at PokerAce Hud's "Aggression Frequency" stat that Josh and I created? This stat will be in PT3.

-AP10