Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2007, 07:36 AM

Default \"CHATTY PLAYERS\" --STOP INITIATING CHAT WITH DEALER

If you MUST chat/talk to someone, leave the table and use your cell phone for a while --- STOP INITIATING CONVERSATION with the dealer!!
Old 05-07-2007, 07:51 AM

Default Re: \"CHATTY PLAYERS\" --STOP INITIATING CHAT WITH DEALER

As long as the dealer is sharp and not making mistakes AND your not playing at a time charge table, there is no reason why the dealer cannot be chatty.

Some dealers can be quite amusing. And I find a lot of players while winning like to chat with the dealer UNTIL they start losing and then it's SHUT UP DEALER !!!!
Old 05-07-2007, 08:28 AM

Why not talk with the dealer? So long as you're not being a dick, what's the problem?
Old 05-07-2007, 08:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As long as the dealer is sharp and not making mistakes AND your not playing at a time charge table, there is no reason why the dealer cannot be chatty.

Some dealers can be quite amusing. And I find a lot of players while winning like to chat with the dealer UNTIL they start losing and then it's SHUT UP DEALER !!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

My experience is that most dealers start making mistakes when they talk, and that the bad dealers are more likely to engage in conversation. I have on more than one occasion seen 20-40 players start chatting up obviously green dealers with questions like, "When did you start working here?" "What did you do before?" It puts the dealer in a bad position and absolutely kills the game.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:24 AM

Default Re:OP --STOP BEING A NIT

Of course players should know when it is appropriate to talk to a dealer and which dealer it is appropriate to talk to -- but talking to dealers is no problem and often keeps the game friendly and loose. There are competent dealers that can talk and deal at the same time and their are incompetent dealers that will never deal well.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course players should know when it is appropriate to talk to a dealer and which dealer it is appropriate to talk to -- but talking to dealers is no problem and often keeps the game friendly and loose. There are competent dealers that can talk and deal at the same time and their are incompetent dealers that will never deal well.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

I'll always say hello to dealers that I see often...just common courtesy. I won't engage them in conversation except during breaks (either MTT breaks or if I catch them off a table), I just let them work.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:51 AM

I'll chat with the dealers too but never during the middle of a hand. The dealers also will know where the fish are & which table is juiciest, so it pays to be friendly.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:26 AM

I can understand not slowing down the game or distracting the dealer but relax. The dealer is throwing cards for 8 hours. If they are enjoying their job they will be better at it and the better ones will stay. To have a job where you are around people all day but are not interacting with them would be depressing. You wouldn't keep the good ones and the crappy ones who couldn't keep a job anywhere else would stay.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:06 PM

I KNOW THE DEALERS NAME, IM COOLER/BETTER\LOOK BETTER IN SUNGLASSES THAN YOU
Old 05-07-2007, 12:44 PM

Jesus, loosen up; God forbid that someone who YOU ARE PLAYING AGAINST actually wants to chat, have a little fun, talk, and maybe, just maybe, not pay attention to what you are doing? Think about it...