Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2007, 02:24 AM

Default AQs on a scary board. He fires a third shell.

Opponent is 21/17/8 over 230 hands. I've seen him do some pretty crazy stuff. Like cold push AQo vs a three better. Or push all in with A3s after openning from UTG+1 and getting reraised by the small blind (these hands happened a previous session). I am not sure if he was tilting or not, but his aggression level remained consistently very high. Besides the high aggression frequency I don't have a good read on his postflop play.

Full Tilt Poker
$2/$4 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
4 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
UTG: $925.80
Hero (BTN): $1165.60
SB: $394
BB: $396

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($6, 4 players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $14</font>, Hero calls $14, SB folds, BB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($34, 2 players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $26</font>, Hero calls $26

<font color="black">Turn:</font> A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] ($86, 2 players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $75</font>, Hero calls $75

<font color="black">River:</font> A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] ($236, 2 players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $187</font>, Hero calls $187
Old 03-15-2007, 02:27 AM

Default Re: AQs on a scary board. He fires a third shell.

im shocked you didnt rr pf. this is the ideal situation...

or raise the flop...

or raise the turn...

on the river id actually consider folding, which sucks, considering you had a huge hand every other street. On the river spades, 3x, weird 2pairs are all possible. but you do beat the triple barrel stuff. hmm. paying off river is soso.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

or raise the flop...

or raise the turn...

on the river id actually consider folding, which sucks, considering you had a huge hand every other street. On the river spades, 3x, weird 2pairs are all possible. but you do beat the triple barrel stuff. hmm. paying off river is soso.

[/ QUOTE ]

PF he raises UTG. I give him some credit + if I flop something I will let him hang himself. On the flop I could raise but he high folding frequency so I expect him to fold anything that I beat and push with a draw/AK (I am not calling a push). On the turn, he continues to bet so it becomes thinner. He could still be betting a draw or AJ/A9 because of the draw so I call.

On the river, I say f it. He is probably a clown, cannot fold this and call.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:46 AM

oops didn't notice it was 4 handed. Ignore what I said about giving him credit. I should generally reraise preflop. However, I am guessing that calling some of the time is ok.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

or raise the flop...

or raise the turn...

[/ QUOTE ]

PF he raises UTG. I give him some credit + if I flop something I will let him hang himself. On the flop I could raise but he high folding frequency so I expect him to fold anything that I beat and push with a draw/AK (I am not calling a push). On the turn, he continues to bet so it becomes thinner. He could still be betting a draw or AJ/A9 because of the draw so I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

utg is co here, so that argument really has 0 weight. i think you are really misguided about raising the flop not having value, esp. because you guys are so deep. redic to expect him to just push...

river tho is the only spot folding should be considered.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

or raise the flop...

or raise the turn...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

utg is co here, so that argument really has 0 weight. i think you are really misguided about raising the flop not having value, esp. because you guys are so deep. redic to expect him to just push...

river tho is the only spot folding should be considered.

[/ QUOTE ]

didn't notice it was deep either. damn it my analysis sucks. just disregrd the whole thing.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:55 AM

Bobbo, lets say we raise flop to $80 and he calls. There is 194 in the pot on the turn. Turn is a blank(2c). Are you betting and how much? What are you doing on a spade turn? Or an offsuit jack turn?

Please note that I don't have any history with the player and he does have high folding frequency.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bobbo, lets say we raise flop to $80 and he calls. There is 194 in the pot on the turn. Turn is a blank(2c). Are you betting and how much? What are you doing on a spade turn? Or an offsuit jack turn?

Please note that I don't have any history with the player and he does have high folding frequency.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, im betting again on the 2 100%. offsuit jack i may check behind. spade im not sure, but if he stop and gos that, i probably fold.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:07 AM

you neeeed to 3bet pf here and the hand becomes so much easier
Old 03-15-2007, 08:21 AM

he showed Kc6c for the bluff. given that he is that crazy it seems like my play was fine (except preflop of course).