Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Push with 7's
Yes (This is the hand to double up) 0 0%
No (Wait for a better spot) 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-19-2007, 10:31 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 7/16

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone must watch the Victoria Beckham show on NBC right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh oh oh [censored]! I'm missing it damn it! geez, couldn't you have said something earlier? [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 07-19-2007, 10:35 PM

It was almost everything about it. The chicken winging of the arms that everyone was doing, women AND men, just looks silly, and it's horrible to dance with someone who's doing that. They did all the silly moves that no one actually does except for the double overhead and the pretzel. Windmills? Check. Stepping over the girl? Check. The hurling the girl side to side thing? Check.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:44 PM

Well, those solos were great, but one thing is for sure. I definitely pick Lauren over Jamie. Lauren was awesome, and I think much more expressive of the music than Jamie. I don't think there's any way Anya survives here. She did her shtick again, and it was awesome, but the judges keep railing on her for it. I bet they'll have had enough, especially with how they've lauded Jamie. I like Blonde Commodus's solo the least, but I think Hok will be going home.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:07 PM

Huh. I guess my tastes differ significantly from the judges on Lauren and Jamie. For me, most non-partner dancing doesn't grab me a whole lot unless I see it directly corresponding to the music. What I like about ballroom, and especially swing, is how the good dancers will fit almost every single step and every break to notes and breaks in the music. Lauren danced a routine that fit in with the music a lot, and Jamie, to me, just kinda pranced around for a while while a song was on. It was difficult and impressive, but it didn't express the song to me as much. That's why I don't care for Danny or Blonde Commodus's solos as much, either. When I watch Anya, Hok, Pasha, Lacey, and Dom, I see what I hear, and that's what I like in dancing.

Also, man, I made a lot of mistakes typing things here.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lauren danced a routine that fit in with the music a lot, and Jamie, to me, just kinda pranced around for a while while a song was on. It was difficult and impressive, but it didn't express the song to me as much. That's why I don't care for Danny or Blonde Commodus's solos as much, either. When I watch Anya, Hok, Pasha, Lacey, and Dom, I see what I hear, and that's what I like in dancing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice observation. I kind of thought the ones who were prancing around were really nervous and hadn't prepared for their solos.

What did the judges say to the 3 girls before eliminating one? I missed that part.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:24 PM

They thought that Jamie was beautiful, that Anya was weak in her solos but had stepped it up, and that Lauren hadn't been reaching her potential, but did better than Anya that night.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh oh oh [censored]! I'm missing it damn it! geez, couldn't you have said something earlier? [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

So is this the wife of that soccer guy? Man, this show is horrible! Why were we supposed to watch this?
Old 07-19-2007, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So is this the wife of that soccer guy? Man, this show is horrible! Why were we supposed to watch this?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is so horrible that you must watch.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:59 PM

"It's exhausting being fabulous."

Ok look, those shoes are just ridiculous. And while she seems like a fun girl and all, didn't you feel a little sorry for her? I mean she's skinny as a stick and is clearly obsessed with her appearance which is only going to get worse as the years go by. I don't mean to knock her because she seemed like a nice girl. It's just that the show made her look pitifully shallow. It's all about shopping and acquiring stuff.

How much do you think her husband cared about that watch she bought him? Do guys get all excited about that kind of thing?
Old 07-20-2007, 12:18 AM

I don't think she is as dense as someone like Paris Hilton. I think she intended it to be over the top.