Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 12:14 PM

Default Re: Wild man that ran good, unusual?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where can you get that stuff (variance cream and spray) and do you just rub and spray on sensitive areas or put it on like bug spray?
Old 09-19-2007, 12:31 PM

was this on absolute poker?
Old 09-19-2007, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Give me a break or ease my stress

Villian is 85/15 for 47 hands and was 28 BB/100 hands, in that time he wins with two pair 5 times, has JJ, QQ & KK full houses, a straight, a flush, and four 7's (one 7 in pocket). I know this is just $hit happens but it would not stop, the four sevens was near the end just for a little cake icing. Is this just what happens when you play 85/15 but you usually have lots of losses to offset the wins?

[/ QUOTE ]

there is some [censored] on ongame at 5/10 that is running 30bb/100 over 900 hands!! ... playing 70/30/4

of course most of that came from a hand involving me another TAG (that clearly doesn't know when KK is beat when I cold cap OOP lead and cap flop) and a postflop-LAGgish player with Jacks

TAG ORs in UTG, Laggish guy 3bets (a little looser than normal 3bet range, but not much), retard cold calls 3 OTB ... i cold cap in BB

flop is 4way ... comes down small, small, 2

flop is capped

turn is 4way ... another middle card (all cards out of 3bet range for laggish guy's 3bet)

turn is capped

River is 4way !! ...
i know retard TAG has AA or KK (but for some reason he doesn't know I have AA - idiot, don't let stats fool you), laggish guy most likely doesn't have a set (I think the turn card was a 8 or something, but he would still be aggressively in the hand with an overpair and can't fold.

<font color="red">and so a 2 hits on the river</font>
i bet, retard TAG raises (moron), laggish calls, OTB 3smacks it ... WHAT THE [censored]

that jams me up - i call ... idiot TAG caps with KK ... all call

OTB fool wins a $480 dollar pot with 92 ...

and I stare at the [censored] screen with my mouth open

moral of the story is:

well - of course it's ... <font color="blue">IBTL</font>

and
<font color="red">GET OVER IT ... and stop crying.</font>
what kind of game do you think poker is
Old 09-19-2007, 12:33 PM

wow i was the guy with KK fwiw
Old 09-19-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow i was the guy with KK fwiw

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW.. I was the guy w/ 92 fwiw
Old 09-19-2007, 01:27 PM

Here, this will make you feel better [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

RRish
Old 09-19-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here, this will make you feel better [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

RRish

[/ QUOTE ]

Timberrolled.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:39 PM

Default Thought this thread was about my play last night

Full Tilt 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (11.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

SB has Ah Th (one pair, tens).
Hero has Kc 8c (one pair, kings).
Outcome: Hero wins 13.25 BB.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:03 PM

You will see your BB/100 drop drastically. With less 85/15's my win rate has dropped down from about 9BB/100 down to 2.7 - 3.0 per 100.

They can be frustrating in the short run but are very profitable in the long run.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:23 PM

I can't count how many opponents who go on super runs hitting every conceivable flop combination that maximizes their win rate, AK2 when you hold AK and the turn comes 6 followed by a 2 on the river and he holds 62.

Or my favourite holding AA getting capped preflop with a flop of AK2 getting capped, getting capped with a two on the turn again and then having to call the reraise on the river when another 2 comes and him holding 92o.

They hurt of course but with patience and looking back over time I am positive on both those guys and of course they are no where to be seen anymore.

And don't forget sessions where you look like a moron with 60/40/4+ aggro over 80 to 100 hands because you are getting one helluva run of cards.

Sadly however, the table ususally takes off when that happens and you can't continue.

The point is just because you observe one actionable session be careful to watch and not judge his play solely on the results.

Make sure you look back at the how the table reacts, if he continues to play like that when he misses etc.

There are likely many times when I want to smack these guys down but when I look at how they played, they just kept on hitting their limps and because the table ended up all wanting in on the action, their preflop loose limps were not bad plays.

It's frustrating to an extent knowing 6 will limp in preflop all the time and you continuing to fold your crap early because its the right thing to do.

But its the only way to win big a lot more often than you lose big.
Closed Thread