Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: whats a good strategy
Limp shoving TT+ and AK 32 36.36%
actually raising 16 18.18%
dunno 18 20.45%
bastard 22 25.00%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2007, 06:05 PM

Default Re: WSOP E Real Bracelet or Not?

If that event where a man and a woman played together (the one sklansky won) counts then there's no way these don't count
Old 09-10-2007, 06:09 PM

It is a $20,000 buy in to the WSOP Europe main event, which is what alot of people were saying the WSOP main event should be to narrow down the number of amatuers.

Fields are just as tough if not tougher, and the equivalent Las Vegas event (Horse and PLO) only had twice as many people enter.

I don't see any reason they should not count, they are probably 3 of the toughest events to win a bracelet in.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does the Pound count as real money? Then I don't care either way...

[/ QUOTE ]
It's about twice as real as the dollar.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a EU citizen and don't think it's a real one at all

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-10-2007, 06:59 PM

I was not trying to incite an EU v. US fight, but perhaps if/when there is a WSOP Asia, then I will be immune from an accusation of racism, having questioned these bracelets and being of Eurpoean ancestry.
My own view is along the line of Zetack's. The WSOP is over, and the event in Europe simply is another tournament. If Harrah's decides to offer SNG's, with say a 10K buyin and 10K juice, and award "WSOP" bracelets to each winner do they count as legit bracelets?
My vote remains no, the WSOP is a once a year event, and only at that event can a real bracelet be awarded.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:00 PM

dollar = playmoney plz change currency to euro
Old 09-10-2007, 07:02 PM

Any bracelet won in an event other than the main event is obviously not a real bracelet, cause they were just added on after and obviously don't have anything to do with the WSOP
Old 09-10-2007, 07:26 PM

If someone can enter a $1500 event and win a bracelet, why cant the winner of a £10k event win a bracelet, just because the event takes place outside of Vegas?

The answer is simple, make the Circuit Events award bracelets too.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fields are just as tough if not tougher, and the equivalent Las Vegas event (Horse and PLO) only had twice as many people enter.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sense a contradiction in this statement.

Of course, I know you mean the fields are tougher on average, but that doesn't make it harder to win a tournament with half as many people.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:36 PM

Yeah, sure, why the hell not? It was a big tourney run with WSOP structure and name attached. No single bracelet means [censored] anyhow. If you win several of them, either here in the states or overseas, you have A) proved you can play tournaments well and B) won a lot of money. A + B = impressive enough in my book.

So I'd say count 'em. And whoever mockingly suggested they might as well hand out bracelets for the Circuit Events, I again say, why not? Why is winning a low buy-in NLHE event at the Rio is somehow more awesome then winning a bigger event in another state/overseas? It makes no sense to me--the prestige associated with winning a tourney at the Rio in July, as compared to other places, is silly and I see no reason why it shouldn't be extended to other events, especially if it may increase attendance.

My point I guess--if you win five WSOP-E bracelets and two circuit events, how is it you somehow get ranked behind someone with five WSOP bracelets from twenty years ago? Same f-ing thing and just as hard to get, if not harder.