Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2007, 03:03 AM

Default Re: me vs dealer at wynn

That's funny, be willing to list which dealer it was? I'd put my money on Gates, but who knows. Def just skip the tip for awhile. ALso Beau might be about the best dealer they have at the Wynn.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:24 AM

I agree - sounds like the dealer had a bone to pick with you, or maybe he was just having a bad day.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:24 AM

This story seems hard to believe, but if it's true I'm tending to agree with the other poster who said this dealer is probably getting even for something this player has done in the past. No offense but the tone of his post makes it sound like he could be a "problem player."
Old 06-23-2007, 04:02 AM

Maybe he is a problem player, but the dealer was wrong. Most probably the dealer was tired and it was a brain fart. We all make mistakes.

But let me be clear, if OP is a problem player and the dealer went out of his way to jerk him around, well, if I were at the table and saw it, I wouldn't ever tip that dealer again even though it didn't involve me.

Because you don't steal from a problem player no matter how bad he is.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:59 AM

"i then hang my bag on the chair (for some reason looking away from table for a moment..perhaps saying hi to regular) and sit down only to see i dont have any cards anymore (i didnt see him muck them or i would have stopped him)."

I read what you wrote. Usually when i say i hi to someone not at the poker table and have a few words with them, I move away from my seat. Like if I saw a friend at the rail smoking. I know you feel victimized. I didnt see what happened and was trying to more fully understand the scenario. Clearly you feel the dealer took your cards inappropriately, I am sorry this happened to you.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm the local "don't blame the dealer" poster around here...

...but even I can't defend the dealer for this one.

My only guess is that he's had to endure your "Are you an idiot?" rants in the past, and is now exacting a small amount of revenge.

[/ QUOTE ]

YTF-

i am beyond respectful of dealers. i always tip, even if they suck. don't berate them for mistakes (even if they are often) don't curse them when a bad card hits. dont yak in their ear that a seat is open etc etc etc

that being said, i kind of dont have that filter between what i think and what i say. so asking if the guy was an idiot was reactionary but i also dont regret it.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This story seems hard to believe, but if it's true I'm tending to agree with the other poster who said this dealer is probably getting even for something this player has done in the past. No offense but the tone of his post makes it sound like he could be a "problem player."

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

i would love for anybody who has played with me for any amount of time to chime in here. i am the antithesis of a problem player, always difussing situations between players/dealers/floor etc...i have that type of personality.

furthermore, i don't think this guy has ever dealt to me upstairs as i dont recall seeing him before.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's funny, be willing to list which dealer it was? I'd put my money on Gates, but who knows. Def just skip the tip for awhile. ALso Beau might be about the best dealer they have at the Wynn.

[/ QUOTE ]

dont remember the name exactly but i want to say it was david. kind of tan skin tone, mid 30's with possible scar on his face. looks like native American descent perhaps.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dont remember the name exactly but i want to say it was david. kind of tan skin tone, mid 30's with possible scar on his face. looks like native American descent perhaps.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats out of character for him. And of course you were 100% correct, your only error was not stopping the game before there was significant action so the floor could rule.

PS; your filter comment is the best description of you I have seen so far, spot on mate!
Old 06-23-2007, 06:15 AM

Exactly what I have come to expect from about half of the wynn dealers, "I'm a bigshot jerkoff wynn dealer, therefore I can not only deal like a friggin' schmuck, but I can act like a jerk too, and you can't do squat about it because there's probably a floor who also thinks their chit don't stink either who will support my idiocy."

This dealer is a friggin' jerk. I would have pushed your cards behind your big blind, which is the correct thing to do.