Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2007, 12:06 PM

Default Re: Small Wynn NLHE games

Benjamins are the only cash that play Wynn.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:45 PM

Cool.

More OT stuff, I made reservations at the Tao restaurant in the Venetian before the BMG show on Saturday and then the SW Steakhouse at the Wynn on Sunday before Le Reve.

Any suggestions for better food?
Old 02-21-2007, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cool.

More OT stuff, I made reservations at the Tao restaurant in the Venetian before the BMG show on Saturday and then the SW Steakhouse at the Wynn on Sunday before Le Reve.

Any suggestions for better food?

[/ QUOTE ]

I ate at the SW Steakhouse on a Thursday night in October. All I have to say is, 'Fantastic'. You will love the experience and, of course, the food. I had the Filet Mignon/Lobster Thermadore combo, and it was one of the best dishes I've had in my entire life.

Kraftsteak at MGM is solid, as well. Also have heard great things about The Delmonico at The Venetian and the NI9E at The Palms, but can't speak to the food quality as I haven't eaten there myself.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:41 AM

Just got back from a three day stay at the Wynn - didn't play enough to merit a full trip report, but the following might be of interest.....

1) The 1-3 game has no cap, and was not too bad - good dealer, good service, and a couple of donks that just couldn't let go of A-x....I probably played a total of 10 hours and won about $800 without especially good cards.
2) The 10-20 half kill Omaha game was great - lots of action, and at least half the players seemed to have NO idea how to play. OTOH, Omaha players, by definition, are all squirrels, so there's a lot of extraneous nonsense going on - pissing, moaning, and bitching....got old pretty quick.
3)Dining at the Wynn - expect to pay like hell for very good food. If the weather is nice, an outside table at the clubhouse is very nice - the Italian restaurant just down from the poker room is very good. The coffee shop is stinking expensive, IMO. And the poster was right about red8, or whatever it is....OK, but not spectacular.

4) We were in an executive suite on the 54th floor...very nice for about 375 a nite...

Have fun.

MM MD
Old 02-22-2007, 08:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The coffee shop is stinking expensive, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but did you have the Cuban? Damn, that [censored] is good.

Jeff
Old 02-22-2007, 10:45 AM

I was in Vegas for a bachelor party a couple of weeks ago. I only had one afternoon free and the Wynn was on top of my rooms to visit list.

The Wynn is officially my new favorite BIG room in Vegas. The dealers are pleasant and well schooled (no mistakes in my 6 hour session) the cocktail waitresses are beyond description (you need to stop in for coffee if your’ ever in Vegas or Phoenix or La or anywhere out west). I like the action better than Caesar’s and it much less crowded than the Bellogio.

I played 2-5 because they had a seat. I would have played the 1-3 because I like a change of pace and the thought of betting raising people odds amounts with 3 dollars chips sounded like fun. Imagine betting 21 on the flop then 63 on the turn and another 159 on the river.

Anyway, I was sent to a nice retirement village that was posing as a 2-5 game. Most of the table was in for a rack so I got one and sat down. It was an interesting cast of characters and as players moved out to play tournaments and Satellites and other games the mix improved. I looked up at one point and we had 3 players with 10k each. 2 of the guys were waiting for the 5-10 to start and one had made a big score the night before and thought he should put the full win back in play. I was between two of the big stacks for a while and I did my best to antagonize them into pushing each other around to no avail.

Have a fun trip and Best of Luck
Old 02-22-2007, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I played 2-5 because they had a seat. I would have played the 1-3 because I like a change of pace and the thought of betting raising people odds amounts with 3 dollars chips sounded like fun. Imagine betting 21 on the flop then 63 on the turn and another 159 on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I found this really annoying. The dealers called out raises in number of chips. It slowed down the game while people figured out amounts and did the math. IMHO, anything that slows down live 1/2 NL, which is already pretty slow as it is, is not a good idea.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:56 PM

Wynn dealers are ALWAYS supposed to state the bet amount in dollars, regardless what the players do. And yeah, the $3 chips suck (but we've had this debate about 30 times).

I still think one of these days I'm going to convince an entire table of NL1/3 to cash in their samon chips and convert them to reds. Maybe just buy in for three racks of red and player by player color change them until I have 5 racks of samon and then go trade those in for red.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:08 PM

For the 3 or 4 hours that I played there, the dealer called out the bet amounts in dollars maybe twice...
Old 02-22-2007, 06:51 PM

If the queer Joe is dealing then you can't bet in terms of number of chips. I play the 1-3 game when I wanna get real smashed and play. When im hammered multiples of 3 are hard to compute so I just announce chips (why does it slow anything down btw..put out that many chips to call) but Joe had none of that. When I play there now I get up and leave for the 30 minutes Joe deals if hes on at that time.