Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 04:32 PM

Default Any site that allows you to change seats?

Just curious, I think this would be a great addition to stars or any site really if you could just move seats without having to leave the table and come back. Does any site do that?
Old 10-04-2007, 05:02 PM

Default Re: Any site that allows you to change seats?

None that I've discovered. The first time I played online I tried to click and drag myself to an empty seat. I was amazed that it didn't work. Still am.

The sites go out of their way to emulate a live game, and I can't imagine why they don't allow you to change seats. Seems like easy work for a programmer.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:11 PM

If you could change seats easily then it would never end. People would be constantly moving, trying to angle shoot, etc etc etc.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does any site do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but you can change the screen display on your Stars table to put your seat wherever you want it. Right click on the seat you want and click on "sit here" on the menu. The entire table will rotate, putting you in that seat, but keeping the same relative position of all the players.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does any site do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but you can change the screen display on your Stars table to put your seat wherever you want it. Right click on the seat you want and click on "sit here" on the menu. The entire table will rotate, putting you in that seat, but keeping the same relative position of all the players.

[/ QUOTE ]

nah man, we want seat changes to get better position on certain players
Old 10-04-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does any site do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nah man, we want seat changes to get better position on certain players

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-04-2007, 06:05 PM

Pros:
-you can change your seat and get position on weaker players without having to leave the table and risk losing your seat
-great for the sites, as it will promote longer sessions (seat change priority goes to the people who have been at the table longest)
-fish can change their seat if they think it's unlucky (happens in B&M all the time)

And I can't really think of any cons so I'd really like to see this implemented as long as the seat change is clear and noticeable. Maybe there could be a notification in chat and a special Sound option to indicate that a player has changed their seat.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just curious, I think this would be a great addition to stars or any site really if you could just move seats without having to leave the table and come back. Does any site do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

TruePoker.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:01 PM

On Full Tilt you can click the "Stand Up" button (top left hand corner) then take a new seat. You get to take your entire stack with you (you have be gone from a table for 30 minutes before you are allowed to sit down at the same table with less money than you stood up with.

I know this isn't as easy as just dragging your cursor to a new seat, but it's still pretty easy.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On Full Tilt you can click the "Stand Up" button (top left hand corner) then take a new seat. You get to take your entire stack with you (you have be gone from a table for 30 minutes before you are allowed to sit down at the same table with less money than you stood up with.

I know this isn't as easy as just dragging your cursor to a new seat, but it's still pretty easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

as long as there is no waiting list.... or someone clicks on your seat before you get a chance too... then you get stuck not even being at the table any more because your old seat is gone too.

It's nice and all, but sites need to impliment a seated player clicking on an open seat. have a pop up that says "are you sure you want to switch seats?" this would be great.