Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 07:20 PM

Default FT 25NL: 2pair & Nut Flush draw vs likely made straight

I don't have any stats on these two, but they've been pretty loose passive.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

SB ($15.50)
<font color="#C00000">BB ($28.95)</font>
<font color="#C00000">UTG ($12.35)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($29.90)</font>
CO ($32.55)
Button ($21.65)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB checks.

<font color="blue"> There has been some a fair amount of limping in the last couple orbits and no raises, so I decide to limp behind. </font>

Flop: ($0.85) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.85</font>, BB calls $0.85, UTG calls $0.85.

<font color="blue">I took a stab at it with 2nd Pair and planned to shut down on the turn.</font>

Turn: ($3.40) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $9.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero...</font>

Final Pot: $70.35

When they both wake up on the turn, I'm sure I'm facing at least one straight, probably two. What's my best line here? Fold, Push, or just Call? Comments on other streets are welcome too.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:26 PM

Default Re: FT 25NL: 2pair & Nut Flush draw vs likely made straight

i think checking behind on the turn is way better than betting, cause u will unlikely get any action unless somebody has a queen
Old 11-12-2007, 07:30 PM

Don't bet the turn!
As played I'll insta-fold, ur drawing to 4 outs most of the time here, and u have bb to act behind u.. And the fact that they've been loose PASSIVE further underlines the need for a fold..

Edit: didn't see the flushdraw, lol! I still think I fold a large percentage of the time since ur opponents are loose passive and can't see utg doing this without the queen... And u still have bb to act behind u and he seems to like his hand too.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:31 PM

They are giving you a chance to suck the [censored] out of them. Check te turn, hit the river and obtain 2 stacks.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:34 PM

Crap, I guess we should begin with the consequences of a BB push. That would mean (if we're calling) that we have to invest about $25 more in the hopes of winning about $45. And with 13+ seemingly pretty solid outs (the clubs, the K's, the T's, and also a probable two Q's to a 3-way chop), the price we're getting is not too awful, even in this worst-case scenario of facing a BB push.

He may raise less though (hell, I guess there's even an outside chance he'll just call), and UTG doesn't have enough left behind to pop it again.

So I think you can call. I wouldn't reraise it myself, though. In fact, I don't think I'm being too results-oriented when I say that your turn bet seems really bold to me (in the sense of "reckless"). But, then again, I hate betting an obvious scare card and then getting raised by someone who was counting on me to do just that. (And there are two people who potentially can checkraise you here.)
Old 11-12-2007, 07:43 PM

Grunch....

Limping pre-flop sucks. Raise or fold depending on your abilities post-flop.

Check behind on the turn. What worse hand is going to call you? JT? Literally everything else beats you and JT might not even call.

This is a super easy fold once you get check raised by one of them (unless you have odds to try to hit) let alone both of them. You don't have immediate odds here (and UTG has no money left). And here the betting won't even close and another raise could be put in after you call.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:24 PM

Thanks for the replies everyone. I knew I screwed this one up, but I didn't even think to check the turn. I guess I got in the mode of "I've got a good hand, I need to bet it" instead of seeing that I'll only get called (or raised) by a better hand.