Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 05:05 AM

Default Re: QQ hits a decent board

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Cliffs Notes: 4-betting AA/KK HU is a perfect way to fold out QQ/JJ/AK, while getting shoved on by a hand that chops or beats you. Flat calling with AA/KK is almost guaranteed money vs. a 3-bet HU pot and I think that most regs understand this.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is all very obvious, in my post I referred to the fact that u 3-bet and one player in front called.. I think the likelyhood of him 4betting is a fair bit greater with two people already in the pot holding aa/kk, but villain probably have the same read on utg as u, so then again...

[/ QUOTE ]

So then, it seems that every time I 3-bet pre, with QQ/JJ, get called, and bet into a good flop, I'm basically praying I don't get raised because then I have to shove.

And that's why I hate both hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is obviously that u got two callers and the pot is huge so b/f is pretty much out of the question.. In a HU pot u can b/f to a raise on a board like this after villain flat calls pf.. But this is only with a good read, since so many are willing to felt with weaker oop at these stakes... Not a big fan of these situations myself..